1967 Plymouth Valiant

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey all! There is a 1967 Plymouth Valiant that im going to go see...as what the guy says...its a sttraight car no dents no dings...its all original interior is all there...supposing....and has a slant six...probably not rebuilt...

he's asing 2000

is that a fair price for a car like this one? what's the lowest reasonable offer I should bring up saying the car is in decent conditions...barley any surface rust he said...what would u guys pay? im not a good negotiator! haha

I think you need to see it in person first before trying to figure out what it is worth. If you get there and it is super clean and runs well and no red flags pop up while either looking at it, driving it or talking to the owner, you may want to take cash with you. If it is something that is nice/ok and you could possibly live without, take some pics and think about it overnight. Then, you could post pics here and let us take a look at it and then we could render an opinion on its worth. I am sure that some will throw you a few ballpark figures to give you an idea. And as Redfish inquired, what bodystyle is it? After you get some pics, we can see the overall condition of the exterior and interior as well. Good luck.

its a 2 door...not a scamp...scamps were brought up in 1971 so its probably eaither a valiant 100 or signet
For what it's worth a 66 Valiant Custom 200 sold for 8,000.00 up in Ontario Canada at the MoparFest. It was a driver V8/4speed and in good condition. It was a 2 door hard top. I look hard and long and suggested to the seller if he could not get 8K I might go 6K

I think a fair price in California is different then a far price in the rust belt.So you will have to be the judge.
Hope you get it. I like reading your post.
So dramatic.
I'm not a good negotiator either.
I just ask what they have turned down.
Or what they have to have for the car.
No BS.

If you have the money and are willing to trade it for something you want, then it is a fair price. Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, it's all up to you.
Since you are looking at a '67 make sure you pull the carpet or rubber mat back and look at the front floorboards. This year Valiant (and Darts) was notorious for leaking due to the plastic window trim that shrunk and leaked water front and rear. Dad drilled 3/8" holes in the floor of his so the water could get out of the car when it rained. This was after the dealership gave up on fixing the problem. '67's also had the one year only idler arm that is getting scarce IIRC.
The price you quoted doesn't sound too bad if the car is all there and isn't rusted to bits underneath. Just my $.02.

Well hope you guys have broadband bcause here's what I bought and im posting through pocket pc...cpuldnt make pictures smaller!

Well the car is smaller than I thought...but I loved it...not as much as a 67-69 dart but the front grill makes it all good...haha I like the design...the rear window pillars were designed a lil weird but its ok lol

mmm barley any rust...under the car has a lil bit...mostly surface rust...I
what amzed me most was the interior! for a 67 its all there and in nice condition...the body is pretty straight except for a passanger front panel has a lip with bondo...ad the drivers side front panel has a little dent...the rear is awsome...but the front bumper has a dent that didn't do much damage but did kinda distoted the latch so the hood doesn't close all the way down pops up like an inch. slant six is rusty and had a plastic bag as the power steering fluid...

while I was drivingvit home from river side, ca to anaheim, ca the car started smoking eerywhere! I fogged the freeay more than the ca fires around there haha I stopped to check what it was...shaky and scared because I thought the engine blew or something...turned out the plastic bag (cap) wrapped on the power steering fluid resovoir blew away and the oil got all over the place an smoked! phew what relief haha couldn't find a cap at napa so if someone has one that fits a 67 let me know! I also need a driver side door glass!

well a good day after all! thought I would have to buy an import or early domestic and that just didn't fit me!

well pocket pc aint posting the pics...will get em on later...was able to bring the price to 1700 not bad I guess...its a great start for a project...I guess lol

Without seeing pics it's hard to tell what you just paid $1700 for.

I got my '69 Valiant as seen in my sig pic for $1500 3 years ago.

The car has big bolt pattern discs up front, an 8 1/4 rear, converted to electronic ignition, /6 and came with a long block 360 and 727.

Regardless, the '67 you bought will make a great project.

Without seeing pics it's hard to tell what you just paid $1700 for.

I got my '69 Valiant as seen in my sig pic for $1500 3 years ago.

The car has big bolt pattern discs up front, an 8 1/4 rear, converted to electronic ignition, /6 and came with a long block 360 and 727.

Regardless, the '67 you bought will make a great project.

wow. well I guess were all not as lucky are we now...you got yourself a good deal...

the guy was actually givin it for 1500 and raised the price on me...that lil punk...he wouldn't let it go for 1500 he supposably needed money for rent...psshhh...o well...money is just bunch of paper to me...comes and goes...I will sing myself to feel better....lalalalalalalalalaaaa

:eek:ops: from the rust belt. At least I get something for participating as a newbie ...... a gentle slam from a senior .... LOL

Hey all! There is a 1967 Plymouth Valiant that im going to go see...as what the guy says...its a sttraight car no dents no dings...its all original interior is all there...supposing....and has a slant six...probably not rebuilt...

he's asing 2000

is that a fair price for a car like this one? what's the lowest reasonable offer I should bring up saying the car is in decent conditions...barley any surface rust he said...what would u guys pay? im not a good negotiator! haha

my bro paid 3500 for our 68 valiant 100 with a 440, 727 trans

wow. well I guess were all not as lucky are we now...you got yourself a good deal...

the guy was actually givin it for 1500 and raised the price on me...that lil punk...he wouldn't let it go for 1500 he supposably needed money for rent...psshhh...o well...money is just bunch of paper to me...comes and goes...I will sing myself to feel better....lalalalalalalalalaaaa

I did get a good deal, but remember it was 3 years ago. It was even an Ebay auction. Go figure. Of course I emailed him and the auction was ended early due to our emails with each other. :)

Again, sorry...I need pics of this car. I think you have a great project, but we need to see it. :mrgreen:

Well here she is! Here is my new gurly! :love6: lol

Pretty much an easy project...perfect for me since I have barely any hands on help...everyone wants money over here lol but I guess its because they arnt mopar fans =S

My plans for this car are...

Paint the car black black black! yesss! Give it a small front and big rear wheel look with black wheels and middle chrome caps....keeping the slant six in there...going to beed it up and make it something unique...

Have anyone seen or done a slant six with the clifford webber manifold??? looks awsome! If ic ould only do that to mine haha...im gonna give it a shot!

Whats the deal with webber carbs?

Any feed back and ideas are welcome!

IMAGE_047.jpg

IMAGE_048.jpg

IMAGE_049.jpg

IMAGE_051.jpg

IMAGE_059.jpg

IMAGE_060.jpg

IMAGE_052.jpg

INTERIOR IS ALL IN MINT CONDITION EXCEPT THE DRIVERS SIDE SITTING HAS A FEW RIPS...I TOOK OFF THE REAR BENCH SEAT AND GOT LOTS AND LOTS OF RAT POOP! :mrgreen:

PS IF ANYONE HAS A SPARE GINITION SWITCH WITH ITS KEY LET ME KNOW PLEASE! IM TIRED OF TURNING THE CAR ON WITHOUT THE TOP PART OF THE SWITCH USING A SCREW DRIVER LOL

I ALSO NEED A DRIVERS SIDE DOOR GLASS FOR A POST VALIANT....I ACTUALLY FOUND A 68 AT THE YARD TODAY BUT SOMEONE TOOK THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR GRRRR I DID GET THE REAR AND FRONT WINDOW TRIM! YAY!

IMAGE_053.jpg

IMAGE_054.jpg

IMAGE_055.jpg

IMAGE_056.jpg

IMAGE_057.jpg

IMAGE_058.jpg

Look up the production numbers for the signet 2 door in 67 , not too many
out there now. I have one just like it! Its my driver as I work on my 67 Dart
Is yours auto or 3 on tree, that yellow was the high impact for that year LOL
many 1 yr only items like grill ,fenders (no marker lamp),etc
conrgrats!!

-