1968 Barracuda deck lid trim

-

knk-mopar-parts

Reaction score
Ok got a question. I just purchased a stash of parts and there are two pieces of decklid trim. The guy told me they were from his 68 fastback cuda which I definitely agree. He says that it is the upper and lower, but I disagree. Both pieces look identical, so I don't think its a upper and lower. I believe they are both upper, my buddy says they are both lower. So how can you identify the trim to see if its upper or lower? I am going to sell these. So I need to know what I'm selling before I sell them. Thanks Kevin.

Had something come up....

I pulled a set out. If you look at the back side where the mounting brackets slip in the top piece will have the cut outs about three inches from each end. The bottom piece will have the cut outs about six inches on each side from the middle.

Glad to help.

Here is a picture of the upper slot.

the upper on mine is not quite as wide as the bottom one. that being said, I would be interested in a "cherry" one, no matter which one it is. got any pics---------------bob

Hey famous Bob and roughidle I will trynand post some tonight after my sons football practice. Otherwise I will get them tommorow evening

the bottom piece has mounting brackets with two studs the top has one ... if they are still on them that is

Im also insterested in one or both, there two close that the average guy cant tell upper from lower.

Ya not sure why the lice came out that way. Normally my pics come out larger. On a couple of items I used my work computer. Maybe they are formatted differtly??? No clue. Anyhow I will try and correct it this evening. Thanks Kevin

Not sure why pictures came out that way

I hate the automatic word thingy that fills it in for you....eeeerrrrrr

NOT LICE BUT PICTURES ON PREVIOUS POST

Not surprising, I just got an email from Barracudakid1952 (Eddie Combs) telling me I should mind my own business and keep my opinions to myself. That's fine. But this is a public forum full of opinions.

A-body owners are younger enthusiest and more likely to be enthusiests new to Mopars. I see a lot of vendors preying on this fact. New hobbiest constantly ask about parts pricing. We've all paid too much for something when getting into the hobby. Many of the people how don't learn pricing leave the hobby. Yep, $300 is very high retail for used 67-69 Barracuda notchback vinyl top molding. It's a free world to ask whatever you want for something. It's also a free world to voice you opinion.

Not sure what your problem is, but honestly could care less if thats how you intend to be. You are correct in your statements as it being a public forum and I can ask whatever i want for my parts, appreciate you giving permission to do so. I wasn't trying to be a Dick about anything. Not new to the hobby, been dealing parts for 20 years. If nobody wants them then they can stay up in the rafters until someone does. 20 years ago parts were much easier to find etc. I don't buy parts to resell, so I can break even or take a loss. Again not trying to be a Dick. So I guess you have my approval to list and sell your parts for whatever you choose to sell them for, after all it is a public forum. Kevin

Also wondering why you have brought up this Barracudakid1952 up twice in my post? Talking about him raping people on parts. If you have a personal problem with him, hey that's great but leave it the hell out of this post. I have no clue who he is or have any affiliation with this person. You want to hitch about him, please start another post. Thanks Kevin

Not sure what your problem is, but honestly could care less if thats how you intend to be. You are correct in your statements as it being a public forum and I can ask whatever i want for my parts, appreciate you giving permission to do so. I wasn't trying to be a Dick about anything. Not new to the hobby, been dealing parts for 20 years. If nobody wants them then they can stay up in the rafters until someone does. 20 years ago parts were much easier to find etc. I don't buy parts to resell, so I can break even or take a loss. Again not trying to be a Dick. So I guess you have my approval to list and sell your parts for whatever you choose to sell them for, after all it is a public forum. Kevin

You weren't trying to be a dick. You asked about these parts and posted them on ebay.

Barracudakid1952, who sells 67-69 barracuda parts, emailed me about my post.

This post is about I.D.'ing barracuda parts for sale or purchase. It's not a for sale ad.

Ok so you have a problem with me making sure and double checking fitment of part so I do not misrepresent what the part is, and this makes me Dick? Really didn't know that I was not allowed to list MY PARTS on a PUBLIC AUCTION SITE. Ok so again why did you bring up this barracudakid in the post I started. Are you trying to accuse me of draping people on parts

-
Back