1968 Barracuda Fastback

-
well the weekend idler/pitman arm project turned into a full engine swap! out with the 318 in with the 360, this motor hauls *** it's been in the white 68 notchback until i came to the conclusion the orange one was way too slow.. couple of pictures:

empty engine bay, no more wussy 318:

tough as nails 360 in:

sitting clean & happy:

oh yeah, i built in a couple speakers in the rear fold down too:

the extra power is awesome but i already feel the need to build it bigger! haha before it was more of a cruise car, now it actually has some muscle behind it and its great for getting the tires loose whenever i want. gonna have to get a higher stall torque converter, new distributor and a couple other bolt ons for some extra gain.. soon.

Dammmmmm Man

very very very nice Car

Were du you life in Seattle ???

in October fly my friend and I to Seattle ,for 2 Weeks

thanks man! much appreciated.. i live about 30 mins south of seattle in the puyallup/auburn area, coming to seattle for anything special other than a vacation?

well the weekend idler/pitman arm project turned into a full engine swap! out with the 318 in with the 360, this motor hauls *** it's been in the white 68 notchback until i came to the conclusion the orange one was way too slow.. couple of pictures:

empty engine bay, no more wussy 318:

tough as nails 360 in:

sitting clean & happy:

oh yeah, i built in a couple speakers in the rear fold down too:

and so it begins:bootysha: nice ride, after I got to this part, I was thinking after he drops the 360 in he'll want more8)

you called it! the 360 is great, powerful cam and great compression.. but yes, more power is always better...

The area between the red lenses was either body color or optional red to match the lenses. It made it look like the lens went right across. Wish I could find the stick on tape they used at the factory 'cause I always liked long lenses. :(

Nice job on the Cuda! It takes a lot of dedication to do what you did. Thumbs up!

Scott

Really nice looking cuda. The orange paint looks great. I agree with you on the body color between tail lights. Looks good and is different from all the rest out there.

The car looks great,nice job. Man that's one big Lambo,lol.Seriously,the color really pops,I like it.Just curious tho,backup lights,you deleted them?8)

The car looks great,nice job. Man that's one big Lambo,lol.Seriously,the color really pops,I like it.Just curious tho,backup lights,you deleted them?8)

haven't deleted them, they are in the taillights (the clear/white-ish part) just haven't been able to find the wire to hook them up #-o

great deal man looks awesome, im in the same boat like you i bought a 1967 barracuda and stripped it down like you did and now im at the stage of re assembly and i have the same seats that you installed in your barracuda, how did you mount them?

heres some crappy picture of the seats, ill start a restoration thread and ill post it here since youve done this build before ill definately be asking you questions man this is my first restoration and im 18 !

9d3cc9e5.jpg

bb2e5f14.jpg

great deal man looks awesome, im in the same boat like you i bought a 1967 barracuda and stripped it down like you did and now im at the stage of re assembly and i have the same seats that you installed in your barracuda, how did you mount them?

heres some crappy picture of the seats, ill start a restoration thread and ill post it here since youve done this build before ill definately be asking you questions man this is my first restoration and im 18 !

9d3cc9e5.jpg

bb2e5f14.jpg

congrats on the build, they sure are fun projects. as for the seats did they come with brackets? if not do you have the old seats? i had to do a little bit of customization for mine as far as matching them up with the stock seat frame holes and the seats themselves but it wasnt too bad. if you have the old seats take those brackets and mount those on the new seats...

ok that sounds good mine was a bench seat car so ill use the outer brakets on both outer positions of the new bucket seats then build a framme bracket for the inner side thanks man made it so much easier never though of it that way! ill post progress

Ok well here I am, not quite "finished" with the cuda but they never really are "finished" anyways.. but now I am looking towards my next project and could use some suggestions on year/model, etc.. thinking maybe duster/demon, dart.. not sure, give me some suggestions/pictures of what you think I should build next!!

Wowww, looks awesome Tyler! You should be very rightfully proud.

Did those pics of the rear window trim come through?

Yes! Thank you! I got the pictures and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Gonna touch base with the stainless guy and see what it would cost to repair.. Thought about what you would want for it yet?

-
Back