1968 Barracuda mirror help

-

Cuda 1968

Reaction score
My mirrors are really hard to adjust. The feel like they want to move but I don't want to force them and break the mirror. The drivers side can be adjusted from in the car The passenger side you have to roll the window down was wondering about trying to spray some spray lube in behind the mirror to see if it will loosen up. Any body else have this problem before? Thanks Cuda 1968

spray some rust penetrant on the swivel-- you probably have surface rust bond between the surfaces-- it should move with a resistance, Lawrence

Hi VDART is the swivel behind the mirror if so I sprayed behind the mirror. I tried to take the mirror off but the screw just keeps spinning going to have to take the door panel off to see if I can get at the mounting screw for the mirror. Once the mirror is of can you get at the swivel or internal parts of the mirror from the bottom of the mirror mounting base?

Be careful what you ask for. Most of manual adjusting mirrors are loose and people ask here constantly how to tighten them up.

Wonder if someone glues or crimped yours once it was adjusted to what the driver wanted.

BTW, most people find the passenger mirror in the factory location is impossible to see out of anyways. It just doesn't adjust enough.

Does yours move at all? Or won't move one way enough?

If yours are just very hard to move, carefully move them to place you want and leave them.

I have so much horsepower that my rear view mirror swings back when I get on it.....hmmm..maybe it is just loose...

Once the mirror is off the door you will find a Phillips head screw underneath that holds the swivel post in. If that screw will come out the mirror will come apart.
Good luck with it.

-
Back