1968 Dart 2dr post RESTO (father/son)

-
Check tractor supply website there might be a portable garage for under $300. but the one I posted should have more room.

I kind of like the one you posted, it would keep me out of the weather when I work on the car, as well as keeping the car out of the elements.

I am going to go get that engine tomorrow, here is what I told the boy. "if you want the car, I will keep it. If you want it to be the way you want, you gotta do at least half the work, or be there to help me with stuff you can't do. If you want the engine a certain color, etc, then youhave to do the cleaning/scrubbing/scraping/degreasing. If I have to do everything, you will be getting a bone stock 68' Dart, painted the correct colors, etc. Then someday, when you show you can handle it, you can do some different stuff to the engine. Or build another."

I just like a challenge, and finding correct for 68' parts is more fun than just bolting together yet another 70 and up small block.

If I can ever get away from this house, I would like to finish welding the k member and get it pinted!

I kind of like the one you posted, it would keep me out of the weather when I work on the car, as well as keeping the car out of the elements.

I am going to go get that engine tomorrow, here is what I told the boy. "if you want the car, I will keep it. If you want it to be the way you want, you gotta do at least half the work, or be there to help me with stuff you can't do. If you want the engine a certain color, etc, then youhave to do the cleaning/scrubbing/scraping/degreasing. If I have to do everything, you will be getting a bone stock 68' Dart, painted the correct colors, etc. Then someday, when you show you can handle it, you can do some different stuff to the engine. Or build another."

I just like a challenge, and finding correct for 68' parts is more fun than just bolting together yet another 70 and up small block.

If I can ever get away from this house, I would like to finish welding the k member and get it pinted!

Cool that is the best way to have them learn by doing the work. I like the way that guy put his garage together then dropped some plastic on the ground and along the walls hung his lights then set his car inside. He told me that it was nice an warm during the winter without having to freezing to do the work.

Can't wait to see the K frame done. What settings are you using and are you doing flux core wire or gas?

-
Back