1968 Dart Buckets in......

-

Skeeter007

Skeeter007
Reaction score
I have a 1971 Scamp and have the opportunity to add bucket seats. I tried doing a search for compatibility but came up short.
So to the question, can I use the seat out of a 68 Dart in my 71 Scamp? What mods would need to be accomplished if at all possible.
Also the gentleman would like 150.00 for the pair and they do need recovering.
Thanks for your time.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Correct for 7 is a high back bucket. Those are different from pre 70. Having said that... The short back buckets and tracks from a 68 would bolt in your car.
You'll need to drill holes and add reinforce plates to the floor pan in 4 places.

Ok so it's a bit involved. Maybe I should just hold off and check out the swap meets this spring/summer for a proper set. I was hoping the mods would take place above the track.
Thanks for your reply.

Due to the shape of the floor you are going to have to do some mods anyway if you put most anything but early 70's Mopar seats in it.
I had to do custom built brackets that mounted to the floor to use these BMW Recaro Sport seats when I went to buckets.
These seats were made for a totally flat floor pan, and Mopars are anything but totally flat.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 126
They look great. Ok I'll weigh my options. I just found some Duster Buckets. Just waiting for a response from the seller. They should bolt in.

If you were to use them with the correct tracks for your car they should bolt right in. JMO

Really. Thats good to know. If this gentleman doesn't get back to me I grab them. The price is right. So early 70's tracks and the 68 buckets should bolt in. Cool

-
Back