1968 Dart GTS convertible ....30 year time machine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
No fender tag???? The wheel tubs are white!!!! Some green parts ....I really think it was a transplant of darts .... I have never bought a car with out a title ....I went to buy a 340 and 8 3/4.... I was not going to NOT buy it because of no paper work. I was mad ...I found out after it was on the trailer.

I don't have time to look into a title ..if I did I would probably keep the car. I work alot and don't have extra time.

I LIVE IN BUFFALO, NY WHERE IT COULD SNOW ONE FOOT AT A TIME. I HAVE NO ROOM FOR THIS CAR ...IF IT IS NOT SOLD I WILL BRING IT INSIDE TO PART IT OUT!!! IF SOMEONE NEEDS ME TO HELP WITH SHIPPING ....MY ONE TON Diesel pickup truck HAS NEVER SEEN A WINTER AND THAT WILL BE COMING OFF THE ROAD FOR THE WINTER....
ONE MORE MONTH AND IT WILL BE A PARTS CAR!!!

Look at the battery cable....still has the red paint on it...the same with the heat shield on the drivers side..still has red paint on it

Attachments

• 2012-10-07 17.48.36-1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 428
  • ForumRunner_20121031_154812.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 416
  • ForumRunner_20121031_154915.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 417
No....NY registration.
No....fender tag
I have the vin # that's it.
I took some pictures of the car the day I looked at it and some pictures the day I brought it home and I haven't seen the car since...

Come to think of it I never looked inside glove box or center console

man I would hate to see it get parted out! that is just what i am looking for and even better that it is not a no.s matching! well good luck with the sail i will check with the secritary of state here in michigan about the title. man this is killing me!

I went and took some more pictures of the torsion bars...frame ...rear spring ( leaf springs).
I really. Wish the guy who started this car was alive to tell me what he was building .....I FOUND 4 SPEED PEDALS in the car...never saw the clutch pedal ...I think he cut out the 4 speed hump .....motor trans and rear end are all hooked up???
TAKE A LOOK AT NEW PICTURES

I was scraping and poking with a screw driver....it is only surfaces rust

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121104_082721.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 363
Floor

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121104_090354.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 359
  • ForumRunner_20121104_090623.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 355
  • ForumRunner_20121104_090657.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 362
boy the more pics you keep putting up the more work I am seeing, the only thing going for it is it is a rag top and I like the 68's!

It is lots of work ...I have two other car that need to be done first...last time I parted out a Conv. I got lots of hate emails on eBay ....I am trying to keep the car together. $4500. Is the lowest I can go because I and others can use the parts....
This would be a first for me a Mopar gets parted out and it is not from the snow and road salt

boy the more pics you keep putting up the more work I am seeing, the only thing going for it is it is a rag top and I like the 68's!

Yes, it's a lot of work, but less than a lot of cars that get restored. It's EXTREMELY rare at 1 of 271 built. Likely around 50 left. Worth up to about $40k restored today. If you do all the work yourself you will be right side up in the car and have something cool to drive. We've had ours for nearly thirty years now... I wouldn't have the money or the energy to restore another, but this one should be saved by somebody. I do understand the seller's position, though.

Thanks for understanding!!!! I have two jobs 2 kids a understanding wife and 9 mopars. I don't have the time right now in my life ....I HAVE SAVED WORST CARS.....they only made 536 1968 Barracuda Conv with. 6 Banger...... I had two of them ....I saved them and did frame rails and. Torsion bar sockets....I can plastic media the hole car down and put it into apoxie primer.....and let it sit for who know s how long. If I had a huge building and fat wallet I would keep every car.

no if i had the money i would be all over it, just no money I am back in school two kids wife supporting us all. so you see where i sit.

the only thing i would build it the way i want it that would be a shame, pro tour gen 3 hemi and drive the snot out of it

There is nothing wrong with driving the snot out of it unless you have the top up.....GO TOPLESS.!!!

I love the top down, thats because a friend of mine, buick guy, has always had rag tops, just think northern metro detroit middle of Febuary snowing and the top is down. good luck with the sale!

or beter yet middle of winter top off the jeep out wheeling the trails

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back