1968 Dart Quarter Window Bolts

-

Red_Duster

Reaction score
I’m probably striking out because I don’t know the correct terminology. Was working on my window and snapped one of these fellas.
A.) What’s the actual term?
B.) Please tell me they are repopped.
C.) what does on the back? Do I have a broken end in the regulator now?

image.jpg

If you can get get the broken piece out, I'd just cut the head off that bolt in the picture and use the washer along with a new bolt. Of course, you'd still want/need two thick paper gaskets and a small piece of rubber hose to mount the glass. Not the end of the world at all.

Thanks! I was trying to avoid pulling the regulator out, but honestly I should and put new rollers on it. I’ll just do one side at a time so I have a reference. Love the roll down quarters, but the adjustment is driving me crazy!
If you can get get the broken piece out, I'd just cut the head off that bolt in the picture and use the washer along with a new bolt. Of course, you'd still want/need two thick paper gaskets and a small piece of rubber hose to mount the glass. Not the end of the world at all.

Thanks! I was trying to avoid pulling the regulator out, but honestly I should and put new rollers on it. I’ll just do one side at a time so I have a reference. Love the roll down quarters, but the adjustment is driving me crazy!
Can you drill and tap it in place? It'd probably be a total pain in the ***, but possibly doable. Just raise or lower that part to where you can get a straight shot on it with a drill. Hell, if you mess it up, maybe a through bolt and nut on the backside would work.

-
Back