1968 Dart resto 3rd gen Hemi stroker

-
it was attatched flush ontop of it.... We welded it to the sheetmetal in the trunk floor.

Jason

Now thats what a mini tub is suppose to look like.It looks like your bodyman did an excellent job on those.take some pics of the underside so we can all see how well he did on the bottom.tell him to keep up the good work!

I wish I would have done my tubs like yours. I made my own, and one of the problems is making the stock trunk hinges fit. I am either going to section them so they don't hit the tub while closed and still use the stock placement on the trunk. The other way I guess is to move or make a new mount under the back panel,shorten the stock rods and come up with a way to mount the hinge to the trunk

Duster Before 016 (Medium).jpg

I really want to tub mine right now, but I have so many projects going at once on my car, I think its better just to wait until its painted and the engine is in (which looks like it might be sooner than later :thumblef: )

WOW $5200 for the Keisler tranny. Man that's steep and all those problems to boot. I would be super pissed, they would definately see my bad side real quick. I was thinking on a gear vendors unit but I have not heard of anyone who had one. Any opions on the gear vendors 727 unit?

WOW $5200 for the Keisler tranny. Man that's steep and all those problems to boot. I would be super pissed, they would definately see my bad side real quick. I was thinking on a gear vendors unit but I have not heard of anyone who had one. Any opions on the gear vendors 727 unit?

Go to Moparts and look up "NASbackyard" His name is Tim. Good guy. IIRC, he has a GV with a 727. Did an around the country run in a 69 Roadrunner.

Sorry for the OT...

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. These units are pricey too. not as bad as the Keisler transmission but bad enough. This won't be happening for me any time soon, but someday I hope!

I bought a 68 Dart from a guy in San Jose CA a few months back. After shipping the car from CA to TX I decided to put a 3rd gen Hemi in her. The Hemi will be an original 5.7L but it will be stroked from a 345 to a 383...

4" bore
custom CP forged pistons
carrillo forged rods
forged 6.1L crank
manley valves
ported heads
TTi headers and motor mounts
weldtech custom oil pan and block off plate
650-750 carb (not sure which one)
mopar intake
reverse manual VB 727
narrowed 8.75 (3.91 GRS)
tq trust 15x10 wheels
275/60/15 BFG's
CAP tubular upper and lower control arms
73 Dart disc brakes

Wow......................that sounds like a hell of a motor...................sounds expensive. How is this project going?

Wow......................that sounds like a hell of a motor...................sounds expensive. How is this project going?

I hope so......... expensive? uhhhhh u'd be suprised...... it's going nicely. Give me a call I'll tell ya about it.

Jason

update.... well I went by the shop today and took a few pics... He filled all the holes in the engine bay and where the trim was... he also filled the fuel tank and door handles. He barely stared grinding his welds down when I got there.....I also took some pics of the wheels wells where he mini tubbed it.... u can see the previous own welded coils on the rear end... lol I thought it was quite funny! You can also see where made a trunk wheel well outta sheet metal.

100_0795.jpg

100_0796.jpg

100_0808.jpg

100_0807.jpg

100_0806.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0800.jpg

100_0799.jpg

lol... I wish.....lol... I didn't know it was there. My body guy calls and ask me to come take a look at what he found... We laughed ur asses off for 30 min.

Looking real sharp Jason!

Love the color combo. You can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point.

Nothing looks better than a clean, freshly painted black car....8)
I like the stripe design....

--Rob

Great job! Love that quarter, reflection looks like a mirror.. Stripe works for me. Good luck w/ move.

Grant

Good lookin' paint! Like the different stripe design - something to make it 'yours'. Keep up the great work!

-
Back