1968 Dodge Dart GT

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well here is my 68 Dart, this is where I will keep yall updated on my restoration. If God permits I will learn as much as try and do as much myself...luckily the guy I sold my Valiant to restores and does complete build up of engines, I gave him a good price if only we would maintain in contact and he could give me a few hands on classes...OOHHYYEAAH!!! hehe

Got my dart for $1400, the best car Ive had so far...and for an awesome price! Any suggestions on what I should do to it? What engine? should I clone it into a GTS or maybe even a hemI!?!?!?!? lol lets dream high why not!? lol

IMAGE_223.jpg

IMAGE_224.jpg

IMAGE_321.jpg

IMAGE_310.jpg

IMAGE_282.jpg

IMAGE_273.jpg

IMAGE_274.jpg

IMAGE_275.jpg

IMAGE_276.jpg

IMAGE_277.jpg

Congratulations! I think you are going to like this much more than the Valiant. Hopefully, you will make it to Spring Fling this year and actually go into the show this time. Don't bring any friends that are not into Mopars/cars. They will want to leave too soon. Again, the Dart looks like a great foundation for you. Keep us updated with its progress.

Congratulations! I think you are going to like this much more than the Valiant. Hopefully, you will make it to Spring Fling this year and actually go into the show this time. Don't bring any friends that are not into Mopars/cars. They will want to leave too soon. Again, the Dart looks like a great foundation for you. Keep us updated with its progress.

Thanks Ben! I a very anxious for the spring fling, can't wait!

and I agree, this is more me than the valiant...I seriously pushedd myself to like the valiant till I saw the dart on CL I couldn't let it pass haha...took it all out the bank.

what do you think about a 408 for this? 360 stroker...that's what the guy who I sold the valiant suggested.

cya around!

Thanks Ben! I a very anxious for the spring fling, can't wait!

and I agree, this is more me than the valiant...I seriously pushedd myself to like the valiant till I saw the dart on CL I couldn't let it pass haha...took it all out the bank.

what do you think about a 408 for this? 360 stroker...that's what the guy who I sold the valiant suggested.

cya around!

I say absolutely yes ... if you can afford it and that's what you want. Otherwise, a nice stout 360 would be nice as well. Hopefully, several of us can meet up at the show.

Late model 6.1 Hemi bored out to a 7.0 litre 426 Hemi making about 650 streetable HP - backed by a built 727 and a Gear Vendors and a 3.54 geared Dana 60 year just to honor the Hemi up front. Keep it basic, relocate the springs for some not TOO big meats, rebuild the front end nice and add some disc brakes at all 4 corners...go on Power Tour and drive the **** out of it.

Just my opinion...hey were dreamin' right? :)

nice car you got there, what ever you do to her should be what you want to do with her.

my 68 dart is a 4 door I plan on making into a one of none :D

to each their own. good luck.

-
Back