1968 Dodge Dart

-
My good friend Jim decided to sell his Demon and I'm glad he sold it to me. Thanks Jim!

demon1.jpeg

demon2.jpeg

Sorry to see Jim sell his Hemi-Demon and it still went to a great home as well.

I took the Demon for my first spin today, yes, I bought it without ever driving it! Super strong Hemi, shifts really nice, power is better than I expected. I have a few little things to sort out but boy oh boy, Im super happy.

I took the Demon for my first spin today, yes, I bought it without ever driving it! Super strong Hemi, shifts really nice, power is better than I expected. I have a few little things to sort out but boy oh boy, Im super happy.

Love the car HemiMark!

I was curious about the build.

What K-Member?

What steering box?

What braking system?

Superstock leafs ?

Dana 60 or 8 3/4?

727 or 833 ?

Rallye dash?

I'm guessing front bench by pics.

I have never seen anything on this car before.

It is truly an amazing build!!

Thanks in advance for answering my inquiries.

I remember seeing that car at a Summit Racing car show in Ohio a few years back. I just found the pictures I took of it on my phone. That is a very nice build. I'd be happy if it was in my garage.

Love the car HemiMark!

What K-Member?

What steering box?

What braking system?

Superstock leafs ?

Dana 60 or 8 3/4?

727 or 833 ?

Rallye dash?

HemiMark knows his new Demon well......he took the driveline out of it for Jim shortly after Jim bought it.....then it headed southeast a few hundred miles to my house. The Demon was transformed in the hillside garage-ma-haul of my brand new West Virginia house...... along with my silver Duster. The Hemi's was built identical at the same time as the Mitchell aluminum blocks arrived (UPS) together and the two Hemi's were built side by side. Jim elected to paint his Hemi orange with chrome valve covers and round air cleaner, mine was left el-natural (clear coated) with gloss black valve covers and the oval hydro-drip lid. You could say it was a two-fer for me. This was around in 2010 (??)

Last edited:
Love the car HemiMark!

What K-Member?

What steering box?

What braking system?

Superstock leafs ?

Dana 60 or 8 3/4?

727 or 833 ?

Rallye dash?

HDK front suspension with rack and pinion power steering, wilwoods up front and disc brakes in the back, not sure what brand. It has a Dana with 373? I will double check, 727, no rally dash.

HemiMark knows his new Demon well......he took the driveline out of it for Jim shortly after Jim bought it.....then it headed southeast a few hundred miles to my house. The Demon was transformed in the hillside garage-ma-haul of my brand new West Virginia house...... along with my silver Duster. The Hemi's was built identical at the same time as the Mitchell aluminum blocks arrived (UPS) together and the two Hemi's were built side by side. Jim elected to paint his Hemi orange with chrome valve covers and round air cleaner, mine was left el-natural (clear coated) with gloss black valve covers and the oval hydro-drip lid. You could say it was a two-fer for me. This was around in 2010 (??)

Thanks for the History of the build Denny!

HDK front suspension with rack and pinion power steering, wilwoods up front and disc brakes in the back, not sure what brand. It has a Dana with 373? I will double check, 727, no rally dash.

Absolutely amazing build!

If Chrysler had built a Hemi Demon in 72, It would have looked very much like this.

I'm just blown away by the attention to detail!!

if I may.....Vintage A/C, power steering and to add further degree of difficulty.....column shift automatic (727) w/ OEM kick down. TTi 2-1/2" H pipe exhaust w/ tailpipes and exhaust tips. Wilwood 11" / 4-piston on the front, Right Stuff discs on the rear.

if I may.....Vintage A/C, power steering and to add further degree of difficulty.....column shift automatic (727) w/ OEM kick down. TTi 2-1/2" H pipe exhaust w/ tailpipes and exhaust tips. Wilwood 11" / 4-piston on the front, Right Stuff discs on the rear.
I was just looking at the subtle installation of the A/C lines, very nice.

Almost forgot......fun fact, Jim arrived to pick up the freshly completed Demon as the movers were packing and loading, moving my wife and I out.....She headed back to Findlay / Marathon Petroleum, Scruffs and I stayed and extra 6 weeks or so in the new buyers old house we took on trade....doing a quick rehab for re-sale. In my spare time............

Again... WoW.. Just WOW !!

Thanks Denny!

I can't see the power steering pump from the pics. Is it electric or something else?

Again... WoW.. Just WOW !!

Thanks Denny!

I can't see the power steering pump from the pics. Is it electric or something else?
Those are old pictures, I added the power rack / pump to Jim's Demon in 2017 (?). Originally it had the A/C hard line similar to my silver Duster (pictured) on the outer fender apron, but Jim changed it more to his liking. After the P/S upgrade on Jim's Demon, I upgraded my silver Duster (pic below). HemiMarks black HemiDemon was the first one I added the P/S option to.

20220523_142039.jpg

20220523_142048.jpg

Last edited:
hard A/C line on the passenger fender well apron. (picture is before the P/S upgrade)

20200604_112104.jpg

Great car for sure, I will address some little things and drive the living daylights out of it! So while building a 408 with my friend Jim P. he installed the new ATI balancer and did like how far out, away from the timing cover it sat. It was al the way in but he didn't like it. Jim looks at me snd says"the Dart has a small block , let's check how far it sits from the timing cover." Wewalk over to check it out and to my surprise this is what we found!

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg

-
Back