1968 GTS in New Hampshire-> CL

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its home with me now and keeping my 69 cuda company.
Looks like it was originally red with a black vinyl top,black interior and black tailstripe:cheers:

Attachments

• 000_2464.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 333
My batteries went south after 4 pics but I will get some fresh ones and post more pics later today.This is a very solid car that has been sitting in the same spot since 91 and the guys wife was the second owner and she bought it in 73.

I didn't make it out to the store for batteries I was having way too much fun.I filled the carb bowl with fresh fuel and hooked up a gas can to the fuel pump,turned the key and before this thing made one full turn it was running after 20 years sitting.It had 60lbs of oil pressure and all the lights work including the fender mounted signals,I am in total shock.
Doug

Attachments

• 000_2465.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 000_2467.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 312
  • 000_2466.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 000_2468.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 256
I went and took a real good look at this car when it first listed. I had to look while the owner was at work due to conflicting days off. I decoded the fender tag. I am pretty sure this one has the horizontal stripe, even better. Gerry said the 340 still had the original hp exhaust manifolds on it. Extra 68 727, extra 68 323 sure grip rear end, door etc. I found a small hole in the floor under the driver’s side by the tunnel. I took a ton of pictures. I really, really REALLY wanted to get the car. It was an awesome deal. I have 2-3 major home projects going right now, plus was in the middle of a Lemon Law lawsuit against VW. My wife would have lost it if I had towed this car home with so many other unfinished projects still kicking around. I was trying REALLY hard to do the responsible thing. It was painful. I must have spent an hour a night doing research on the car and trying to estimate how much it would cost to fix it up. I had a completely unrealistic hope that the ad would expire with out anyone seeing it. It was up for a long time. I even did a drive by a while back to see if it was still in the driveway. I am glad you bought it and put me out of my misery!

Did you notice the grill on the drivers side? What the heck is that?

It has an alarm and thats the keyway to turn it on and I have the key.

I tell you it's just NOT FAIR!! you guy's in the south get all the good Mopars!! Who has room for me to move in?? LOL.. Glad to hear it's better than you thought,and that it's being saved! I just wish it was me that was saving it!! LOL.. Craig..

Thanks guys,I can't get the smile off my face I am real happy finding this car with a lot of help from you guys,THANK YOU:toothy10:
I just wish the guy who is buying my 71 cuda would get moving so Mrs Clown would stop nagging on me.Plus I promised to not work on it till the 71 is gone and as you can see I am gathering pieces to get the brakes working again.
Thanks Doug

Attachments

• 000_2485.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 000_2483.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 000_2479.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 000_2478.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 260
  • 000_2475.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 000_2468.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 251
YEEEHAAAA!!... Great find!...it's kill'n me,how much did you pay?...if you don't mind me asking? I live in N.Central, Ma...I can't believe i missed that one!

Thanks Guys
I won't give out a dollar amount,but I will say I got a really solid complete car for a really great price.My kids and I are gonna fix it up,no big dollar resto because we plan on driving the wheels off of it as my daily driver in the spring.
Doug

I'm the CL addicted guy who sent the link to another MOPAR inmate here (and close friend). krunge went and saw the car, passed on it, so I threw it up on the site.

It's awesome that it worked out for you. So how did you sort through the motor tranny combos that came with it? I assume you can make some of your money back selling the "other" iron you won't use(?)

BTW, krunge has a '67 GT and I have a '68 GTS....so welcome to the club!!

I didn't have time that day to travel another hour north to check out the engine and tranny stuff,but Gerry and Claire are coming down this way to stay at a place thats about 45 minutes from me and are gonna bring the parts with them so I can pick them up.
I kinda screwed up when I told Mrs Clown I wouldn't work on it till the 71 Cuda was gone,Well the guy thats buying it is draggin his feet and its still here and its starting to piss me off.He is getting the choice tomorrow of either getting it outta here or I am gonna strip it down and start cutting it up with my trusty sawzall.Anyone interested in filet of 71 fish:snakeman:

Attachments

• 000_2240.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 139
Its a giant project that needs lots of time and money and I just have lost interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back