1968 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback (old school build with a new school feel)

-
I'd use that cam for that application in a heart beat. Unless the car will see regular track duty, that cam looks close to ideal for a spirited street engine of the 408 nature (in my opinion, of course).

I'd use that cam for that application in a heart beat. Unless the car will see regular track duty, that cam looks close to ideal for a spirited street engine of the 408 nature (in my opinion, of course).
For the most part I agree with your judgement.
I run a larger roller cam than the OP's in my street only 340 LA 10:1 engine and there are times I wish I had chosen a bigger cam.
Just spit balling

I appreciate the info and opinions. I built the engine on a "budget". As cast Eddy heads, cast stroker crank, and Hypereutectic pistons. I probably will not switch cams at this point, so we will see how it works with the set up.

I appreciate the info and opinions. I built the engine on a "budget". As cast Eddy heads, cast stroker crank, and Hypereutectic pistons. I probably will not switch cams at this point, so we will see how it works with the set up.
That is a “conservative” streetable cam for that size engine. With that duration and LSA you should have a good amount of vacuum as well. It would even work well if you decided to go with EFI.

That is a “conservative” streetable cam for that size engine. With that duration and LSA you should have a good amount of vacuum as well. It would even work well if you decided to go with EFI.

That was part of my decision, planning a Sniper EFI for my next mod.

My oil pump started failing from time to time on the stock 318, so I had to startt getting my stroker done.
08&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=2bF_6vllZ4MAX_Po05_&tn=AZuiI6a0jx1vyDl6&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

I finally blew up the 318 that was in the car. time to get the engine bay water blasted and repainted before the new engine goes in.
7779_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=vS1bqaEUenQAX8GAi7D&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

1793_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=pfxLUAPTz6sAX_ZY1Je&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

9706_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=N2LoGwiO8GAAX-0u4Qp&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

I got the new 16:1 manual power steering done. It was pretty easy to convert with the engine out:
06&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=R_UfF--OoT4AX8llS_H&tn=AZuiI6a0jx1vyDl6&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

9998_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=vUqZZZSF87MAX_H6nal&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

I just bought a 3/4" 36 spline, 3/4" DD generic universal online. I then had a round coupler with an attached 3/4" DD shaft. Cut length to fit and slid the round over the stock Mopar column, welded it to the stock shaft, and slid it all together.

Also pulled the dash bezel out and hit it with some plastic, high bonding primer, and then some single stage matte black. It is still a little wet in the pic, but dried just as I wanted:

4115_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=bdGWf9WvmIMAX-S5ZZ-&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

01&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=vkpmpTiHqhMAX9bPzWv&tn=AZuiI6a0jx1vyDl6&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Please take a picture of the dash when you get it back in. I can't wait to see how that looks.

Please take a picture of the dash when you get it back in. I can't wait to see how that looks.

I definitely will. I have not had time because my wife wanted a deck on the pool. I told her no, I have a car to build..... I then went out and put a deck on the pool.

Got the new fuel injection tank in, Holley Sniper EFI on, and just about wired up. Just waiting on the Hyperspark Distributor from Holley. They are a real pain in the *** to get parts from, very dishonest on their shipping times.

XVgs_Q1ecmpYtlJLIQvzPG_iTcwCqLSV83EPcrHLky0np9Mi3Uan-&tn=AZuiI6a0jx1vyDl6&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

-
Back