1969 Barracuda 440 M-Code Project Car

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. I dont think it is worth that much at all. I dont care if it is an original 440/727 car. The motor/trans is gone. I want to start the bidding at like $500.00.

Listen folks......a family of rare skinless cats were born and raised in the hatch back of this car....the car is registered with the San Palomino County Registry as a National Archive and therefor does not require registration as a vehicle of "normal use". It is in fact a recognized national preserve and tax deductable as well.

Good buy for 14.5.

I also have a Honda 50 for 5K.

Mop:walk:

Sir...the bidding started at 8K...unless you have some livestock or other valuables such as an older sister to put up we need to move along......

Do I hear 8000.01.....Gimini Gimini Gimini Hey.

I am pulling out due to a hamstring injury I sustained getting another Lite out of my cooler.......drop it back to $500.00

WW2, I don't know what your catching all the flack about, you got a car, you want to sell it. If you can get what your asking out of it, then great. If they don't want to buy it, then they don't have to and leave it at that. This is generally a great site with a lot of great people and usefull info. Good Luck.

Jeff

WW2, I don't know what your catching all the flack about, you got a car, you want to sell it. If you can get what your asking out of it, then great. If they don't want to buy it, then they don't have to and leave it at that. This is generally a great site with a lot of great people and usefull info. Good Luck.

Jeff

I second that. He can ask what he wants for the car. Its rare. To all you who whine about the price, go find another one.... and good luck.

And to 1968FormulaS340, wow that was uncalled for. If you were spitting that attitude and foul language in my face, you'd be laid out on the ground knocked out cold.

Folks, let's not turn this into a pack metality rules thread. It's just another car that may or may not be overpriced. ww2 (though the majority of his posts have revolved around selling cars/parts) is a member here and besides pricing some items where some think the asking price is too high, has not purposely gone after anyone or has used language that is offensive.

This is just a case of read (or don't read it) and move on (or don't move on) but in any case take into consideration the ages of some of the members here and that the majority are here to enjoy the site.

BTW: I, for one, would love to have that car to replace my A56 car I sold many years ago. I don't necessarily agree with the asking price but that's what negotiating is all about. ww2 may actually want $9-$10 for the car but starting at $8K isn't going to get him there. Due to human nature, if it was initially offered for $8K, I am sure in someone's mind that they could get it for $5K or $6K. And now ... back to our regularly scheduled FABO.

I agree with demon700. That's the reason I stayed away from the b body site for a long time. I come on here to have a good time, learn, find parts or other things I'm looking for in the company of other Mopar nuts. This seems to be an on going thing where people feel that they need to make negitive comments about some thing some one else has for sale.
ww2, nice car. good luck with the sale. I'd love to have it sitting in my garage. If I had the money and not all the other cars I have we'd be talking about it.

Look everyone....

I have no opinion on the selling price.

But I do have an opinion when it comes to using this forum to try to pawn off a rare car without a title.

The dude needs to go get the title...........If he can.

Getting a title is really not a big deal. I have done it as have friends of mine. Couple hundred dollars or so, check an issue of Hemmings.

Why you still running your mouth about this? You actually dropped the f-bomb on your opening post? And you're still here, congrats, I'm sure your momma is proud. as for momo in Raytown, at least is mouth's excuse is a case or so of piss-water lite.

i cant believe i read all this b.s. buy it or shut up. we will give you the same courtesy if we ever disagree with something you have for sale.

If and when someone will buy it for $14.5 K I guess it´s worth it.

I would for sure love to buy it if I had the money.
These cars don´t grow on trees, (saying from Sweden).
The title issue would have to be solved if it were supposed to go to Sweden.
Good luck with the sale.

Re: My M-Code Car

I had no idea of the controversy I would create by putting up for sale one of Ma Mopar's finest examples of a true muscle car. I am simply amazed at the low level FABO has sunk to by allowing the gentleman known as 1968FormulaS340 to drop the F Bomb without an official strong reprimand from one of the moderators. I do not have a history and have not had dealings with him in past.

I believe strongly that it is our right as Americans to freely express our opinions. However the use of foul language as in being told to Go F*** Yourself is not an opinion, it is a personal attack that is unexcusable and unwarranted. If this kind of posting is allowed to continue, FABO will soon sink to a level where it is useless to those of us who love our A-Body cars.

As to the price of the car: This car is not your average A-Body that has a basic market value based on recent known sales figures. I struggled somewhat when coming up with an asking price based on the rarity of the car and its future potential. I have restored enough cars to have a very clear idea of the cost involved to restore it properly. The car is meant for someone with far deeper pockets than my own and is willing to spend as much or more than the car will be worth when finished because that is most likely what it is going to happen.

Is the car worth $14,500.00? Probably not. As with any sale, I am open to genuine offers, however 8K to 10K is not going to get you the car. I am not trying to price gouge anyone, but rather to simply get the maximum market value as do the rest of the FABO members when they sell items here

Title Issue: Apparently I am missing the big deal here. I have gone through the process of getting a title before, as have many members I am sure. This kind of thing will happen with cars of this age and that's why there are companies making a profit from handling this kind of situation. The car is not stolen, the previous owner last registered it in 1988 and had lost the paper work over the years. Up here in the frozen tundra where I live, their is swift and sure frontier style justice for those who sell cars they don't own.

Lastly, I apologize if I have offended anyone for any reason.

Fortunately, the great moderators on this site have taken care of the "f-bomb" to insure that this website does not sink to low levels. I wish you luck on your sale...

I guess I will chime in here.... WW2.. class with that last post and I personally thank you for having the decency and class that some others have not shown. I know this site is better then that and maybe someone had a bad day or maybe there are a couple weeds growing in this fine lawn here at FABO. I dont know. However the comments you recieved were unwarranted and flat rude. That being said at least the worst parts were removed. You are correct that it is a verbal attack and I apologize on behalf of all the decent members here at FABO. I know that sometimes title issues can raise hairs on the neck with some people. Here is the deal. If you dont like that idea of a titleless car.... move on. Simple isnt it ? Next about the price. When most people put a price on a car its usually figured that someone will make a lower offer. So dont get all panty wadded up about it. If you dont like the price ... move on. Simple. The car is a rare car...motor or not. He even gave the vin tag for those of you who are interested and smart enough to decode will realize its a genuine article. Saying WW2 is price gouging is ridiculous. If the price is too high for you then maybe you really dont want the car that bad ?? All depends on how you look at it. So with all that being said.... carry on WW2 and best wishes with moving that gem.

-RPM

If I had some real deep pockets to buy and restore it I'd call and make an offer. Would love to have it. Price is higher then I would like to pay but that is only the asking price. Title; something could probably be worked out if a serious buyer came forward with a decent offer. No need to insult the man, its just a car for sale and up for negotiation for serious buyers, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back