1969 Barracuda 440 M-Code Project Car

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not going to say Im sorry.
WW2... If the title isn't a big deal... Get one for it.

As for the price... Like I have said. I have no opinion. Well, I guess I do...
This is my opinion on the price... It's reasonable, even more so if you had the title in hand.

I agree with demon700. That's the reason I stayed away from the b body site for a long time.

I trust you're not talking about FBBO, cause I'm a Mod over there and I don't stand for these editorial comments in the for sale section.

On the other hand...I came on this site and jumped in to the community with both feet. I didn't know memike, but reading about his problem with the 63? I was moved and pitched in some cash to help the cause. I also didn't know grump or Mary, but reading about their issues I pitched in also. I bought stuff off the auctions.

And then when I had an issue with that 318 I had I made a post looking for (at the very least) a bit of moral, or immoral support. But what I got was three responses...one of which was an "ouch"

So if anyone was the least bit curious as to why I was staying away from "oour friendly community" here.....that's why.

Then again...no one has even bothered to ask me where I was or why I was gone.....which is why I've STAYED gone. Cause although I tried to be a part of this, I'm obviously not.

no...I'm not bitter at all

edit.....the "ouch" I referred to was meant as a "oh dude...that sucks" supportive post. NOT as a derogatory remark.

One last clarification on the title issue. I did not buy the car with the intention of reselling it. I did not obtain a title after the purchase because I have 3 to 4 projects ahead of it and since I have obtained titles before it seemed silly to get one 3 to 4 years ahead of time.

I decided to sell the car and didn't see the title as a issue since it wasn't one to me when I bought the car. From some posted feedback this a wrong or bad decision. Oh well, as the wife is fond of reminding - I am no Rhodes Scholar.

:prayer:
I guess I will chime in here.... WW2.. class with that last post and I personally thank you for having the decency and class that some others have not shown. I know this site is better then that and maybe someone had a bad day or maybe there are a couple weeds growing in this fine lawn here at FABO. I dont know. However the comments you recieved were unwarranted and flat rude. That being said at least the worst parts were removed. You are correct that it is a verbal attack and I apologize on behalf of all the decent members here at FABO. I know that sometimes title issues can raise hairs on the neck with some people. Here is the deal. If you dont like that idea of a titleless car.... move on. Simple isnt it ? Next about the price. When most people put a price on a car its usually figured that someone will make a lower offer. So dont get all panty wadded up about it. If you dont like the price ... move on. Simple. The car is a rare car...motor or not. He even gave the vin tag for those of you who are interested and smart enough to decode will realize its a genuine article. Saying WW2 is price gouging is ridiculous. If the price is too high for you then maybe you really dont want the car that bad ?? All depends on how you look at it. So with all that being said.... carry on WW2 and best wishes with moving that gem.

-RPM

I can't add anything to this...:prayer: you da man.

WW2, where di you come up with this car. It looks strangely like the M code that was for sale here in the NW for quite some time in the late 90's. I saw a car very similar to the one you are selling at a swap in Portland, Oregon about 12 years ago. Same color and same shape. Just curious.

This car has been in the Midwest all of its life. It has a traceable history back to the mid 1980's and was apparently sold new at a dealership in Illinois.

I hope you all understand that I was trying to have some fun with a tense situation. Lighten things up a bit.....8-10K though I stand by that.

Rare is in the eye of the beholder......numbers don't lie but people don't buy A bodies as investments typically....at least the ones I have seen.

It could be a beautiful car but I can tell you that you will be hard pressed to find someone who will invest 55K in that car.

I would but I already spent my cash:sad:.

Good luck and I hope you don't let money get in the way of finding a good home for your baby....8-10 would probably get the ball rolling.

It would be nice to see someone actually restore it.

I

Raytown......that's funny.

I saw your Mama at the Hinky Dinky.....she told me to tell you to stay out of her purse and that you can't buy cigs with food stamps...that and brush your tooth.

Mop

Case #2 of Pisswaterlite coming my way.

OK kidding.....about the tooth that is.

Like I said WW2 good luck...I hope you find a home for it....it is a beautiful car.

This car has been in the Midwest all of its life. It has a traceable history back to the mid 1980's and was apparently sold new at a dealership in Illinois.

Thanks, I had to ask. Wish I could move this 71 Charger I have so I have some operating cash. That would be a great car to restore. I have a buddy that owns a restoration shop that specializes in numbers cars.

Thanks, I had to ask. Wish I could move this 71 Charger I have so I have some operating cash. That would be a great car to restore. I have a buddy that owns a restoration shop that specializes in numbers cars.
Where? Oly by chance? Rocket?

I have seen WW2 in person and I would highly dought that someone would tell him to go "F" himself to his face. The comment was uncalled for and cowardly! Wally is a true mopar guy that has paid premium prices for parts to finish one of many of his projects so he knows the market and the game of selling cars and parts. His reply to all the BS that was posted on his ad was stated very well and he raised himself to higher level by doing so...He could of stooped to level of some of the posters and let them have it! As far as pricing of his very RARE project...Try finding another one to compare it to! It is only worth what some one is willing to pay and you have to start some where. So a serious buyer with the funds will know where to start the barganing process from. Good luck with your sale, Signed Randy (the tow truck driver from sharadon)

I have seen WW2 in person and I would highly dought that someone would tell him to go "F" himself to his face. The comment was uncalled for and cowardly! Wally is a true mopar guy that has paid premium prices for parts to finish one of many of his projects so he knows the market and the game of selling cars and parts. His reply to all the BS that was posted on his ad was stated very well and he raised himself to higher level by doing so...He could of stooped to level of some of the posters and let them have it! As far as pricing of his very RARE project...Try finding another one to compare it to! It is only worth what some one is willing to pay and you have to start some where. So a serious buyer with the funds will know where to start the barganing process from. Good luck with your sale, Signed Randy (the tow truck driver from sharadon)

exactly... like I had stated before.... he handled it with class.

-RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back