1969 Barracuda Wiring

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any company putting the full wiring package on sale for a 69 340 fastback over this holiday weekend?
Thanks for any leads.
Tom

You need to sign on Year One for the deals. I get them every few days. Bad thing is the items I ever need rarely qualify for the 30% discount. If you are doing a stock or near stock work, M&H is the best of the best and only sold through them! It may appear that others offer it but I would call them first to confirm!

Thanks, I have been keeping tabs on them and Classic. I'll sign on theirs for sure.

Thanks, I have been keeping tabs on them and Classic. I'll sign on theirs for sure.

I see Classic posts pics of harness assemblies that have the M&H part number tag. I would call to confirm. M&H site says exclusively through YearOne. Best assembly available IMO!

I have bought Year One front, engine compartment, and rear wiring harnesses for the Dart and can say they were all of good quality.

I thought they were based on Brian Tunk's harness. Thanks Leonard!
My whole set is "down" to $803 right now.
Tom Hand

Big thumbs up for M&H. I bought all three harnesses and the positive battery cable for my 65 Dart from them and they were perfect replicas of the stock harnesses including all wire colors and connectors. They have an exclusive deal with Year One so if Year One lists it in their catalog you can only get it through Year One. One of my harnesses was back ordered for 6 months, so order early.

I thought they were based on Brian Tunk's harness. Thanks Leonard!
My whole set is "down" to $803 right now.
Tom Hand

You get what you pay for. I think the quality of the M&H harness is worth the extra cost. Thanks for the help installing mine Tom!

What great people they are at Year One! They noticed I had the whole wiring set up in my Wish List and made me an offer I could not refuse. I got the whole setup on its way for a bit more than $625. Barely $100 more than the dash harness by itself.
Tom

The Year One rep. named Mike King is a straight-up helpful guy! Volunteered to help on anything needed.

The Year One rep. named Mike King is a straight-up helpful guy! Volunteered to help on anything needed.

It is expensive but if you want a rock solid factory foundation you can't go wrong.

I fought issues from the day I got my car in 1984 and likely made some of them worse over the early years. Today I have none based on the factory approach! The older you get the wiser, and all the harnesses are worth every penny in performance and piece of mind!

I agree with you 100% and have not even installed it yet. When I bought the car in 1979 it had already been butchered with trashy radios and tachometer wiring and water leaking in on the fuse block from the wiper openings. The only changes I'll have to make is for the HEI converted dual point and a courtesy light under the dash and one radio plug since mine has a Blaupunkt AM/FM cassette from 1980.

Does your car have the A01 option and the tach?

The harness for the neutral safety switch make look wrong but M&H did not get the correct drawing from Chrysler. Easily fixed by unwrapping the tape back to the point the brown will reach up seperatly to the starter relay then re-wrap. The length and connectors are correct, M&H just wrapped it to far.

They built me an accessory harness and passenger side dome harness based on my originals. I was not trusting a single piece of the original after seeing green wire deep into the assemblies. The only mod I have made is to add my electric choke feed into the blue wiper +12v feed at the bulkhead by recrimping a new Packard connector with both wires and wrapping over that harness back up to the carb.

Gerald, Mine is a four speed so the neutral wiring is easier. I have an aftermarket tach but may unwrap the wiring and put the new wire from the hei unit for the tach in the harness so it is not seen. I see some non adhesive tape on a Corvette resto site that I think will do the trick.
I never thought about the side dome lights the fastbacks have and that they did not ask me about those. Do you have the info I need to get that built for my car?
Thanks much!
Tom

Great to hear YO giving you a price break Tom. Doesn't happen often enough IMO from suppliers.
Up here in Canada we have limited suppliers so we have shipping and exchange to deal with.
Congrats on progress.
Pics? ?

Gerald, Mine is a four speed so the neutral wiring is easier. I have an aftermarket tach but may unwrap the wiring and put the new wire from the hei unit for the tach in the harness so it is not seen. I see some non adhesive tape on a Corvette resto site that I think will do the trick.
I never thought about the side dome lights the fastbacks have and that they did not ask me about those. Do you have the info I need to get that built for my car?
Thanks much!
Tom

The driver side opera lamp is part of the body the harness. The passenger side plugs in off the body harness near the rear hatch. If you have a trunk lamp there will be a short jumper harness that goes between the passenger side opera harness and the body harness plug. If you passenger side harness is in good condition then you will be fine. Mine was over sprayed with 1980's paint and very brittle. If you decide you need one (Pass Side) PM me and I will look up the part number M&H assigned to it when they built one for me.

I went with American AutoWire for my Valiant because the M&H was 12+months backordered. The AAW one works with all factory connections, but also has provisions for modern options, courtesy lights, etc., so a restomod really

Gerald, got my passenger side rear dome/opera light harness in the mail today. Thank you for giving me the part number and information I needed to get it ordered.
Tom Hand

Gerald, got my passenger side rear dome/opera light harness in the mail today. Thank you for giving me the part number and information I needed to get it ordered.
Tom Hand

Was it a pain in the arse to install Tom? Gotta look into doing my pass side as well.
Thanks!

It will be tough but only mentally because I just had it apart a few years ago when I installed an entire new interior package. Should have done it then. I plan to do this later on in the summer.
Tom

It will be tough but only mentally because I just had it apart a few years ago when I installed an entire new interior package. Should have done it then. I plan to do this later on in the summer.
Tom

Just make sure it is only once and be sure the insulator is behind the lamp socket. Did you find the LED festoons?

Actually, no I did not find them. Can you tell me once again what number you used?
Thank you.
Tom

Actually, no I did not find them. Can you tell me once again what number you used?
Thank you.
Tom

I did not save the card, but will be in Walmart this weekend and if they are there I will snap a pic and forward!

-
Back