[WANTED] 1969 Dart 4-Speed Pedal Parts - Help!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavman340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
So, I removed my pedal assembly because it didn't work right and I could see that it had a broken weld. When I got it out, the assembly was in BAD SHAPE! Not only was there a broken weld on the main brace, but the bracket that holds the pin for the spring mount was almost broken in half!
I bought a replacement set of pedals, but I am in desperate need of the bracket shown in the pics below. I have circled the part that I need. I would love to get the pin too if it in decent shape as mine is badly worn.
Thanks!

20170422_093728.jpg

20170422_093739.jpg

20170422_093759.jpg

20170422_093827.jpg

pedals.png

You don't really need that guard , it's just a spring guard. I don't run it on any of mine, also if you use a diaphragm style clutch. , the return spring is not needed either

You don't really need that guard , it's just a spring guard. I don't run it on any of mine, also if you use a diaphragm style clutch. , the return spring is not needed either
I would like to get rid of it. Am I wrong in thinking that overcenter spring hangs off the pin that sits in the bracket... or is there a readily available "hanger" that is available?

I would like to get rid of it. Am I wrong in thinking that overcenter spring hangs off the pin that sits in the bracket... or is there a readily available "hanger" that is available?
Just looked at the 70 service manual... Seems the pin and bracket were replaced with a "hook". So that is what I need! This is my first 4-speed mopar... not trying to be ignorant, but it just comes naturally I guess!

No worries, yes it should be like the pic if you using over center spring, but like I said just use a diaphragm style cutch and you won't need it

IMG_4412.JPG

Hmmm... my stock spring is way stouter than the one in your pic. I guess that won't matter as long as the hook is in the right location. My clutch will be extra snappy I guess!

20170422_172434.jpg

I imagine any hook would work, that spring and hook are factory original from a 69 Barracuda
I built a new "hook" with the help of a local dude. The spring in the pic you posted from the 69 barracuda was for the base model i,e, slant 6. The V8s had the heavy spring in the pic I posted. The shop manual shows it pretty clearly.

So, after my posts for a hook on FABO with no response, I ended up at a shop of a local car guy that grew up MOPAR. We hung out a bit while he fabricated a bomber hook out of a 383 engine bracket and some hardware store parts. **** is tight and snappy now. Knowing what I know now, I would not mix and match slant 6 springs and linkage with the V8 stuff.

I want to say thanks a bunch for your input that set me on the right track. Its the FABO community that helps me get my mopars in shape.
MG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back