1969 Dart GT convertible

-
Thanks... yea we have had an amazing "winter" here in NPB.
Days 75-80 sunny and nite 65-70. Have been enjoyin the hell outta my vert!

My buddys 69 GTS vert is a complete restore- beautiful car 340 6pack auto. Asking $30k think hes hopin for $25K. No urgency to sell and has been offered $22k.
He also has an amazing triple black 69 Dart GTS (won Garlits a couple yrs ago) and a 70 6pack Challenger hes had since HS.

Beautiful top down weather in sunny South Fla today... 76* just a few clouds. Sorry guys... I know some of you are getting pounded right now.

3 local car shows today... drove by one this morning and parked my 69 vert at Ricks Rods Show in West Palm Beach this afternoon.

dart19.jpg

Last edited:
Finally finding time to catchup on restore. Have still been driving more than restoring unfortunately.
Still needs interior, new top and paint but the budget is still on hold. Probably gonna do the interior next- but until that time I have finally painted the rear seats to match the front. Someone had painted the seats (grayish blue) before I bought it- covering the nice lt metallic blue for some reason. I tried to remove the paint but gave up after only 10min. Decided it was time better spent elsewhere.
So I cleaned, prepped and painted the seats white. I used white and then a light coat of pearl on top to dull the brightness. It will do for now...

dart20.jpg

dart21.jpg

Last edited:
Also repairing/painting old side interior panels. Most of the work that needs to be done is the end that goes under the door sills but the tops need some work as well.

dart22.jpg

dart23.jpg

Trying to decide if to go all white, all blue, or combination. Shot a quick coat of paint on top of old panel to see and think Im goin with this blue/white combo.

dart24.jpg

dart25.jpg

Thanks Jed. So glad Ive kept her together and just fixin as I go...
Gonna take alot longer- but able to really enjoy it the past few years.

Hey Doug,
I like the blue/white combo. it matches the tops of the inner doors. Mmmmm, you've started me gears turning again....

Sorry Martin... lol
Yea- I was thinking actually all blue but like the blue/white contrast.
Got the plastic repairs done to the rear panels- came out nice. Will take some pics.

I got side tracked today and put the hood pin kit on that Ive had for 2yrs!!!

dart26.jpg

Can I send mine down? that looks good-- interested in seeing the repair pics, Lawrence

Sorry Martin... lol
Yea- I was thinking actually all blue but like the blue/white contrast.
Got the plastic repairs done to the rear panels- came out nice. Will take some pics.

I got side tracked today and put the hood pin kit on that Ive had for 2yrs!!!

OK, now I see what you were taking about in all blue, but now I'm thinking maybe mine need to be two tone go-green and white....

Lawrence- the plastic repair came out better than expected. That stuff is rock strong. Ill post some pics later next week after I sand and paint.

Martin- if your front door tops are go-green... I think it would pull it all together.

Heres a few belated pics of my repairs to the the back panels. Still just need a final sand and paint. The ends and corners were completely cracked off. The repairs are stronger than the original plastic. This stuff really works... you just need to start filing/sanding before it fully cures as it gets rock hard.
Will throw some pics on as soon as they are finished...

darta.jpg

dartb.jpg

dartc.jpg

dartd.jpg

darte.jpg

The "re-cored" radiator sprung another leak. Last time they put some rivets in the top canister to try to better secure it... didnt last long.

I have known these old school guys for 30+yrs, called and told them I was considering an aluminum radiator to save on headaches. They asked me to bring it in and let them take a look at it/try one more time to repair it so I could keep the original look.
NOTE: the original re-cor was back in 2009 but not a ton of miles on it. This time they made a brace to attach the top to (see top pic) and "re-cored" it a 2nd time.
The owner said give me what you think is fair to buy my guys a nice lunch today... how bout that? Guess thats why hes been in business and same location since the 1970's.

dartf.jpg

dartg.jpg

darth.jpg

Last edited:
Been a while since Ive been on here... man have things changed!!!
IMG_6911.JPG
Been driving her a lot this spring before the Summer comes. This is at my local gas station in Juno Beach, FL.

Are you trying to make me jealous, or just trying to drive (no pun intended) me insane?

Hey Martin...
Not even CLOSE to what you got goin on! Looking forward to seeing some updated photos.
Great speaking with you over the weekend. Need to see you this year at the Mopar Nats!!!!

-
Back