1969 dart owners

-
Lets see, 2 LM23P9B cars (Swinger 340) and 1 slanty Dart.
I started the slanty car just the other day and moved it after a few years of sitting.

Bought 1 Swinger in 1976 and the other in 1980

Ongoing project '69 Dart in my garage for the past few years. I really want to get it on the road in 2014.
Others here have heard the story so I'll keep it (relatively) short. I previously owned a '69 340 Swinger, R4 "Charger Red" with a white bumblebee stripe and black interior, that I bought used in November 1969 from the original owner who was going into the Navy and his parents wouldn't keep up the payments for him. It went through continual build-ups over the years that I owned it until I - very stupidly - decided to turn it into a racecar to run NHRA Super Street on a 10.90 index. Then went through a divorce keeping the house, my kids and my cars. The Dart sat unfinished until I - even more stupidly - sold it during a minor financial crisis.
My "new" '69 Dart is an unfinished project eBay buy that the previous owner tired of. It came with a new 380-horse 360 crate motor, 727, and 8.75 B-body rear, LBP all around with discs up front. I've got almost all of the parts, bits and pieces for the build and now saving up for paint. Current plan is Viper Red with a white bumblebee stripe. I'll post a pic later of the current build stage.

Here's the promised pic

View attachment KenHamer69DartWheels.jpg

Ongoing project '69 Dart in my garage for the past few years. I really want to get it on the road in 2014.
Others here have heard the story so I'll keep it (relatively) short. I previously owned a '69 340 Swinger that I bought used in November 1969 from the original owner who was going into the Navy and his parents wouldn't keep up the payments for him. It went through continual build-ups over the years that I owned it until I - very stupidly - decided to turn it into a racecar to run NHRA Super Street on a 10.90 index. Then went through a divorce keeping the house, my kids and my cars. The Dart sat unfinished until I - even more stupidly - sold it during a minor financial crisis.
My "new" '69 Dart is an unfinished project eBay buy that the previous owner tired of. It came with a new 380-horse 360 crate motor, 727, and 8.75 B-body rear, LBP all around with discs up front. I've got almost all of the parts, bits and pieces for the build and now saving up for paint. Current plan is Viper Red with a white bumblebee stripe. I'll post a pic later of the current build stage.

I look forward to seeing that! thats gonna be a pretty Dart..

im not totally sure but pretty sure that my car in post #6 is a white hat special dart ......im not sure if there is a fender tag code for it ....but my car did have all the options usually seen on a white hat special .....the wood grain steering wheel, remote mirror, bumper guards, vinyl roof, and fender mounted turn signals :D

Attachments

• w-hatad1b.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 69_dodge_dart_white_hat_special.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 419
Here is my 69 340 Swinger from Northern Michigan

Attachments

• cruise2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 417
I look forward to seeing that! thats gonna be a pretty Dart..

Thanks, Speed, I've been looking forward to seeing the finished build for 5 years now. Had the money saved for paint twice now but it had to go for other household needs - saving now for the third time.

Okay heres mine.Loaded up and ready to go the track Sunday,Kevin.

Attachments

• IMG_20131003_130014_113.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 418
Count me in 69 dart custom,slanty auto.Its the one in my avatar.Im in the process of trying to buy a yellow 69 GTS 383 console 4 speed.Been sitting since 1980 in a garage......Wish me luck..................Jeff

I see many fine examples of the best year for Darts.
Here's mine.

Attachments

• smallpassside.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 391
I have a 69 dart drag race car with a 417 stroked small block. 10.30 at 128.69mph

One 69 Dart (originally GT). It is in the beginning stages of customization/restoration. Current driver with 318 (bored to 340) with 2.02 heads from a 360, Mopar purple cam, Mopar aluminum intake, Edelbrock Peformer 600 cfm, Mopar black cast aluminum dress up kits. Too many things planned to list. Have eliminated vinyl top with plan to make a straight hardtop.

Here's the promised pic

View attachment 1714662309

Looks like your alignment is off on the driver's side:iconbigg:

Others here have heard the story so I'll keep it (relatively) short. I previously owned a '69 340 Swinger, R4 "Charger Red" with a white bumblebee stripe and black interior, that I bought used in November 1969 from the original owner who was going into the Navy and his parents wouldn't keep up the payments for him. It went through continual build-ups over the years that I owned it until I - very stupidly - decided to turn it into a racecar to run NHRA Super Street on a 10.90 index. Then went through a divorce keeping the house, my kids and my cars. The Dart sat unfinished until I - even more stupidly - sold it during a minor financial crisis.

Here's the promised pic

View attachment 1714662309

hey I have the car but no wheels! we might have something

-
Back