Status
Not open for further replies.

yarddog41

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Guys I need your help!
Please look at the Dart (link below) and tell me the good and bad of what you see. I'm interested in buying the car that's for sale on eBay but need the experts on here to point what they find. It's a 69 dart swinger 340 4 speed car. The owner is sending a pic. of the fender tag tonight, that way I'll know if it's a true 4 speed car. The car is located in North Carolina and has a buy it now price of $17,500.
Good looking dart to me, but I'm no expert! Thanks FABO!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...8109780?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cc11f9354

Driver's door looks a little suspect. Hard to tell from the pics, but looks like they just sprayed paint over existing and didn't mask off everything. To me that means it was an inexpensive paint job. It shows in other spots too, look carefully at the drip rail pics, not great coverage. I could be wrong though, I'm not an internet body guy.

It's not a numbers car, probably not worth the asking price but looks like a better than decent driver. That is not a condemnation of the whole car because it is pretty cool. Maybe $10K max if you were hot for it but not 17.

The driver's door does look a little suspect and it is hard to tell from the pics. That certainly look like a cheap paint job. The drivers quarter looks to be coming apart. The big question is how much bondo is in the whole car.

10,000 max, need's a paint job and alot of detailing to be a 17000 car. I would be surprized if it reaches 10,000

Clutch linkage bracket in driver's side frame rail does not have factory welds, clutch and brake pedal do not have the metal trim around them like the gas pedal does. Looks like it was originally an auto car to me. Gas tank tube in trunk should not be painted body color.

Where is the picture of the inside of the spare tire well in the trunk with spare tire removed?? Why do people try and sell a car without that picture???? Almost every mopar has rust down in there, everyone wants to see that area, show that picture in your ads people!!!!!

Rear frame rail on driver's side looks a little chewed up on the leading edge. Emergency brake cable looks like its not hooked up. I don't think those head rests are correct for '69. Engine should be turquiose not red.

Looks pretty solid underneath and does not look like a rust bucket from what I can see. I would not buy it sight unseen go drive it and look for leaks on engine/trans/rear. See how it steers, brakes, and takes bumps. Funny noises etc. Does it run strong, does it smoke out the pipes? Check that body over closely cause like others said that is a cheap paint job and probably done not long ago.

17k no way. But I don't think it is a pile of junk either. Not enough info, not enough pictures, no video, so hard to say exactly what this car is made of just by looking at that ad. He does not say how long he has had it, what has been done to the car, are all panels original, rust in the floor, no pictures of it up on a lift, no pictures before it was painted. So you don't have a tremendous amount of info here to go one.

Oh lets not forget NO ebay feedback history. Do not send a deposit and do not go down there and look at the car alone. Take some big friends with you. Buyer beware this person has no history on ebay.

I have to agree with everyone on this. Both trunk extensions look a little shady to me. Fresh paint jobs always worry me. What's UNDER the fresh paint! Over all it's a nice car just not 17K worth.

If you do go look take a small magnet to the rear lower quarters, doesn't look like it would stick.

Nice looking car overall, I'm not going to pic it apart, but it has some issues just like the rest of our 40 plus year old car's. That being said, you can buy a LOT of car right now for that kind of money, I would guess the car is closer to $12-13 grand range top's.

Yep as 340sfastback mentioned, the 3 pedals dont match...the gas pedal with the trim around it is part of a "decor" package...not sure on the darts, but if a 67-9 cuda had the decor package, there would be map pockets on the doors and all 3 pedals would match. Not worth anything near 17k

Man, you guys are brutal. Missing dress up on the brake and clutch pedal? Suprised you guys didn't mention the missing body plug on the lower passenger side door.

Owner said "I'll send you a pic. of the fender tag". Then he posted that he thought it was there...NOT! However, he has build sheet....ahhh...but might not show up in pic.!
Sounds like someone is going to get burnt on this one...but it want be ME!
Thanks again FABO members!

I owned this car! You guys are missing out on a great automobile! Pictures don't do it justice! Please don't judge so harshly something you know little about. Nit-pick about the smallest things! That's why I will never advertise a car on this site. Goodbye :salut:

If Im not mistaken its been for sale for months and was listed on Moparts

Well here are the major issues The pic of the rear frame from the sid you can see someone was working on the frame and the brake cables are just hanging there. Could be signs of frame ties removed.

On the picture of the drivers side frame rail The clutch brace was reinstalled. Also if you look at the brace that should be going from the rocker to the rail it was removed. Also the inner fenders you can see were rewelded with a mig. Could be signs of fender well headers would cover the both wells and brace. Passengers side is worse you can see there was damage and the unitized front looks to have been replaced.

The engine compartment slant six hose bracket that should be on the valve cover is screwed to the fender well. Inner fender seam at the back is filled and covered with body work. Wrong horn . Wrong left inner fender.

Interior Headliner looks like it was done by a 1st grader. Wrong gas pedal , clutch and brake pedal pads. Steering column cover and the parking brake handle

Off set shackles. This looks to have been a wrecked street racer and was redone.

One thing that caught me funny on this car is that several pictures were taken to show how straight they got the roof. But I don't see any down the side. It seem he sure is proud of of how that roof turned out. Wonder how bad it was?

I wouldn't have given 5000 for this car. Some only look at the paint on a finished car. You have to look deep to see where its been and what was repaired to bring it to this not so impressiv level.

Well I said it like I saw it and I probably didn't see it all. STAY AWAY Looks like a project with paint. I see no before pictures at all

I owned this car! You guys are missing out on a great automobile! Pictures don't do it justice! Please don't judge so harshly something you know little about. Nit-pick about the smallest things! That's why I will never advertise a car on this site. Goodbye :salut:
Well, yarddog41 did ask for members opinions, and as far as I can see, they are all correct. Don't take it personal, I'm sure my car could be picked apart too. :salut:

i thought that the car looked familiar.. from nazareth pa.. the pictures do not do the car justice. it is a nice car. flawless .. no..but what car is? not many..

And mine I replaced the unitized front on my car with one from a 68 Dart. But I would never sell it without being Honest on what it was. I have a stack of pics of its build . The first picture is of what it was. I am sure this person has those pics too. Why not show them if you have nothing to hide.

i thought that the car looked familiar.. from nazareth pa.. the pictures do not do the car justice. it is a nice car. flawless .. no..but what car is? not many..

No way is this the bike shop guys car. I never thought it was that bad but I never really saw it up close. . It did look good when I saw it drive by. But so do alot of them. I believe he sold that car for around 10k

Also has a Lakewood scattersheild,which leads me to beleive the car has been raced at the track.Has lineloc button on the shifter too.For $17K run!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back