1969 Dodge Dart GT “driver” build

-
I figured I ordered it for drum brakes instead of disc (the factory line for the yellow car (came factory with disc brakes) went all the way to the P-valve.
Again I'm just trying to answer your question as to why the rear brake line came up short?? I still believe the line that you show is correct for factory 1969 disc brakes (B41 on the fender tag). A factory four wheel drum brake car doesn't require any proportioning value in the rear line so therefore a slightly longer line is required. This is what 1969 engineers designed not me. Until it was pointed out to me and I looked at the FSM I was unaware about any difference. On another note the rear wheel cylinders are also different part# from factory drum or disc. If my memory serves me one is 7/8" the other 15/16" ??
Regardless keep on doing what you're doing cause you're doing a great job. Like your co-pilot by the way.

You don't need the stock valve-it's not very good, anyway. An adjustable proportioning valve is better-they're less than fifty bucks.

Speedway Black Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve
I have one and would rather just use the factory stuff (factory stuff worked fine in the other car)
Again I'm just trying to answer your question as to why the rear brake line came up short?? I still believe the line that you show is correct for factory 1969 disc brakes (B41 on the fender tag). A factory four wheel drum brake car doesn't require any proportioning value in the rear line so therefore a slightly longer line is required. This is what 1969 engineers designed not me. Until it was pointed out to me and I looked at the FSM I was unaware about any difference. On another note the rear wheel cylinders are also different part# from factory drum or disc. If my memory serves me one is 7/8" the other 15/16" ??
Regardless keep on doing what you're doing cause you're doing a great job. Like your co-pilot by the way.
I believe the red 69 dart came with something like this (I swapped to the adjustable valve after I swapped to disc brakes circa 2001). The yellow car didn't have it and the factory line went all the way to the valve. Stole the picture of the car with the 17" crown vic wheels from another post (not my kid :poke:) Thanks for all the kind words.

After further research I thought the distribution block was the proportioning valve.
100_3795-jpg.jpg

dscn1047-jpg.jpg

propvalveearly-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I have one and would rather just use the factory stuff (factory stuff worked fine in the other car)

I believe the red 69 dart came with something like this (I swapped to the adjustable valve after I swapped to disc brakes circa 2001). The yellow car didn't have it and the factory line went all the way to the valve. Stole the picture of the car with the 17" crown vic wheels from another post (not my kid :poke:) Thanks for all the kind words.

After further research I thought the distribution block was the proportioning valve.
View attachment 1716056638

View attachment 1716056659

View attachment 1716056666
Yeah I believe you know exactly what you need and what you're doing so I'll just say Keep on doing what you're doing and enjoy the hobby.
Best wishes.

Dang. I hope it goes a little better for me when I get to that point. It looks like you started with a better car than I did, that’s going to be nice.

Had to cut off 90% of the trim clips, got the channel cleaned up. Let’s see how bad I can screw this up :lol:
6E96C97B-D82D-4CA9-B901-3F1A66811851.jpeg

A178A1F3-1892-4457-A69E-2D775AF61A53.jpeg

52AC0BE9-98CB-45E6-8403-20182E10515C.jpeg

80BB7E36-70D9-4852-B53B-22B7EF919BBC.jpeg

You’re dealing with some of the exact issues I need to deal with on my ‘68 Dart. I guess most old Dart owners have this issue but I’ll be watching real close. Post plenty of pics and good luck.

You’re dealing with some of the exact issues I need to deal with on my ‘68 Dart. I guess most old Dart owners have this issue but I’ll be watching real close. Post plenty of pics and good luck.
It will eventually get quarters and a deck filler panel so I'm not shooting for perfection. I'm hoping to make the cut where the vinyl top trim comes across the quarter panel/deck panel. That way the trim hides the weld between the seam.

I'd kind of like to know that wheel and tire combo and how they got those rears to fit. I'm beginning to think rear spring location and a mini-tub kit is about the only way to get some meaty rear tires in a Dart.

I'd kind of like to know that wheel and tire combo and how they got those rears to fit. I'm beginning to think rear spring location and a mini-tub kit is about the only way to get some meaty rear tires in a Dart.
27x10.50-15's
Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!!

I think you can fit 275/60R15's with the offset shackle kit and trimming the wheel lip (offset would have to be dead on)
mopar-performance-offset-shackle-kit-18.gif

I guess I’ve always had the rear up in the air, the 245’s are a TIGHT fit with the tires tucked.

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

C9B43550-93F0-4DE6-9ACA-4396D8081BB1.jpeg

Looks cool to me, nice stance. But the lip of the quarter sure looks close to the tires. What is your tire/wheel combo? I'd like to have some rims like that for mine.

Looks cool to me, nice stance. But the lip of the quarter sure looks close to the tires. What is your tire/wheel combo? I'd like to have some rims like that for mine.
I'm going to have to do a little trimming.
15x7 cop car wheels
215/65R15's up front
245/60R15's on the rear

I'm going to have to do a little trimming.
15x7 cop car wheels
215/65R15's up front
245/60R15's on the rear
So you've converted from small to large bolt pattern. That's where I'm kind of stuck. I'd like to do a disc brake upgrade and that would take care of the front. I'd need to figure out something for the rear. I have an 8.75 rear to install, I guess I'll need to pull the axles. Do you happen to know the back spacing on those cop wheels?

So you've converted from small to large bolt pattern. That's where I'm kind of stuck. I'd like to do a disc brake upgrade and that would take care of the front. I'd need to figure out something for the rear. I have an 8.75 rear to install, I guess I'll need to pull the axles. Do you happen to know the back spacing on those cop wheels?
yep, swapped 76 BBP spindles/brakes, 8 3/4 with yukon BBP axles. wheels are 4.25 BS I believe.

I like the stance in the bottom photo. Just like "what is a pretty woman?", opinions may vary.

i bought one of those cheap arch 'rolling' tools for my 68 valiant. it rolled the lip up so no cutting and after a bit more rolling i fitted 295 50 15's on 8 1/2" slot mags under the arches. stock spring location with ss springs. without a stock car next to it you wouldn't know the 1/4 panel bulges out to fit those tyres.
neil.

IMG_0001 (1).JPG

-
Back