1459306442_zpslgqqxdup.jpg

1459306438_zpsijgacle6.jpg

Throttle cable bracket looks a bit like the one i figured out for mine. LOL

Nice work

Attachments

• 20151007_200325.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 214
1460601797_zpsk8b1tzjl.jpg

Fan didn't work. Tracked it down to bad connector. (friends from work would be proud. Tracing wires like a boss hahaha).

Reverse lights didn't work. Tracked it down to corroded fuse holder tabs.

Have to replace fan connector, secure electric fan, install throttle return springs (left at work 24 miles away) fill coolant, fill engine with break in oil, prime engine install distributor, top off tank/bowls with fresh fuel, torque wheels, remove header plugs (mufflers hitting emergency brake) get friends and family together to say a prayer, have somone ready with timing light/screwdriver ready to turn up idle speed screw, pray again.

Well it's Facebook official. Tomorrow is the day the engine gets fired up. The girlfriend is inviting all our friends and family over. My birthday is next week so figured we'd make it into a engine break in/ birthday party.

Well it's Facebook official. Tomorrow is the day the engine gets fired up. The girlfriend is inviting all our friends and family over. My birthday is next week so figured we'd make it into a engine break in/ birthday party.

Oh man I'd be nervous with an audience and first firing! Good luck!

Primed the engine. Coolant started coming out of the thermostat housing. Which I didn't really care about but than I noticed coolant coming from the center of both heads. Then to make matters worse the rear main is leaking as well. Looks like it's coming back out.

1460853617_zpswkcv8oaa.jpg

1460853603_zps727oljfo.jpg

Found nothing wrong with these mr gasket gaskets. Hoping they were leaking because they were mr gasket gaskets.

1460853593_zpsqrzmgbed.jpg

1460853613_zpsypdyitjw.jpg

1460858732_zps1vrleazk.jpg

Lastly the oil pan leak. Hoping it was do to the left rear bolt being finger tight. We'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Also when using a razor blade to cut the right stuff gasket maker between the intake and the block. Be sure not to use the first one you see that has two pointed ends for a utility knife.
1460859225_zps9zs0txqv.jpg

leaking water before firing it up? I would check things out more and not assume mrgaskets are to blame

Test drive. Exhaust shop tomorrow.

Got the tach installed.

Last edited:
-
Back