[SOLD] 1969 Dodge Dart GTS Convertible on craigslist $18000(not mine)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish i had 18k laying around

Attachments

• dartgts.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,645
  • dartgts1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,560
  • dartgts2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3,162
Damn!! nice looking ride-- wonder if test drives are allowed! Lawrence

That price appears to be a giveaway price. It's not perfect, but it is certainly presentable.

Jim,

What are the codes to look for,
4spd, Convertible etc?

Not that I'm a code freak, Just rare to see a 4spd Rag top these days.

That price appears to be a giveaway price. It's not perfect, but it is certainly presentable.

Only the numbers will tell but it looks like the real deal. It's such a rare car. I don't think I've ever seen one in person .

Looks nice to me :coffee2:

LS27P9BXXXXXX
Updated radio (kind of) it looks to read sanyo and has a cassette deck
N85 for tach but looks to be aftermarket
H11 non AC car
E55 340 4bbl
D21 4spd manual
C16 console w/ wood grain
v3x Black top
C55 bucket seat Note: absent head rest. could me early production

It's strip delete so the GTS badge is also on the fenders.

Would be cool to see the fender tag.

You need the fender tag or broadcast sheet to get most of the info. Car looks relatively original, like maybe the seats have been redone, but original paint. Tach is in the wrong place and is aftermarket. All the parts look correct (correct console, reverse light on the dash, etc.).

now there is an FABO get -together if there every was-- everyone chip in & we can allocate the car through out the year to the chipping in members! Lawrence

Ouch 2028 miles 2.50 per quote to the upper? ( What ever that means ) round trip, Keep hunting for a Bee I guess :coffee2:

Would be cool to see a FABO member get hold of it.

I know the car very well, it is 1 of 3 from a collection near me, 2 of the car's sold recently, and this one is for sale again. The family that owned them originally are very nice people, and they had the 383 car at a show I was at last Friday. Here is the original add from last year here on the forum.

icon1.gif
Couple of gold GTS's FOR SALE
Read the story below which is copied off the GTS Registry 1969 page:

The three GTSs that are pictured directly above are all owned by Ken W. from Wisconsin. That's right. All three. Look closely at all three GTSs linked in the story below and you can tell the minor differences between them. All three are listed in proper order above in the Registry. Ken relates the following:
In 1976 he bought his first GTS. It is the 383 automatic of the trio. He paid $300 for the car. He restored the car 10 years ago ( 1993 ) and has driven it since.
In 1978, while on his way to Green Bay, Ken spotted a gold GTS convertible. Thinking it was his, and had been stolen (!), Ken stopped to check out the GTS. It is a 340 automatic car and it was for sale. It wasn't until 6 years later that Ken noticed the 383 GTS and the 340 GTS were only ONE CAR APART from having sequencial VINs!!!!!!!! That's right, his 383 car was built, then another Dodge, and then his 340 GTS! Odd??? I would think so!!!!!! Ken has been looking for the car in between his two gold GTSs ever since!!
In 1994, Ken was at a car show and spotted a "For Sale" sign on a 1965 Satellite that listed a 1969 GTS. After calling the number, and getting directions, Ken drove to the owner's house. He discovered that the 1969 GTS for sale was ANOTHER gold convertible!!!!!! How's THAT for coincidence?!? This one is a 340 4 speed car, and it needed a lot of work. Ken paid only $100 for the third gold GTS in his set.
Recently, Ken was looking for a hardtop GTS to add to his collection and came across a clean 1968 Dart instead. It's GOLD of course!!!! Ken has performed all the resto work himself on his "GOLD mine" of GTSs and he will never part with them individually. He promises that they will all go to his daughter and grandchildren!

Recently, Ken Wohlrabe passed away. His wife and daughter need to sell two of the gold cars. They hope to sell the two sequential VIN cars as a pair-the 383 GTS and the 340 auto convertible. They want to keep one of the cars to cruise to car shows in Ken's memory.

What did it sell for? And the other 1 / 2? Did they keep one? Tried to get more info way back, something turned me off and I don't remember what it was. Maybe difficult communication?? I would have liked the 2 kept together.

What did it sell for? And the other 1 / 2? Did they keep one? Tried to get more info way back, something turned me off and I don't remember what it was. Maybe difficult communication?? I would have liked the 2 kept together.

Don't remember what they sold for, they kept the 383 auto car.

New to fabo, guess I will be on here more, I just bought this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back