1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Man does it need a cleaning though. 2 plus years outside after I restored the front and rear suspension and redid the undercoating etc. I have to do some serious vacuuming.

So what is happening with the Dart? What else needs to be done before you start putting it back together? Is this going to be your winter project? I'm just full of questions today hey good timing on getting her inside before the rain. Look forward to seeing your progress.

So what is happening with the Dart? What else needs to be done before you start putting it back together? Is this going to be your winter project? I'm just full of questions today hey good timing on getting her inside before the rain. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Well, I am not really sure anymore, HA! I was going to get it painted but I have been thinking of plasticoating it just to get it running until I can afford paint. So I need to finish the front suspension, finish the dash, run new fuel line, I have this, set up fuel system, build the top end of the 402 with the six pack, I have everything for this too. Hook up RMS brake master cylinder. Weld on Hotchkiss sway bar mounts and mount sways. Lots more. Uggg.

Getting my butt out in the garage today. Pulling the motor out of the car to set to the side. Pulling my 402 short block out of the storage and putting it on the engine stand. Bought a new gas tank for it.

Well got stuff organized and the 402 on the engine stand. I took the matching # 340 out and put in to the side. I put the car on rollers on all four wheels what a difference being able to move the car easily. Lots left to do but I feel motivated now.

Attachments

• 2014-12-28 14.02.12.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 2014-12-28 13.18.35.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 2014-12-28 13.19.34.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 2014-12-28 13.42.47.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 2014-12-28 13.53.05.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 358
  • 2014-12-28 13.57.12.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 382
Yeah, I was very happy to see there was no rust or anything on the bores. I put some more oil on everything and rewrapped the short block in plastic. Thanks Guy.

The Dart just went to New Zealand. Concentrating on starting my own business and needed $ for startup. Its going to a fellow FABO member and will get the resto it deserved. I still have my 72 Demon 340 that I tinker with.

The Dart just went to New Zealand. Concentrating on starting my own business and needed $ for startup. Its going to a fellow FABO member and will get the resto it deserved. I still have my 72 Demon 340 that I tinker with.

Nice. I just started my own business too. You still looking for your red dart 340?

Its a lot of work, but will be worth it in the end.

I finally found my red Dart the day after I bought the orange one, talk about bad timing! Its pretty much the same as when I sold it. The current owner isn't interested in selling right now, but we stay in touch and its not going anywhere. Although once business takes off a Dark Blue Hellcat will be the next Mopar in my future!

Nice. Believe me I am dying for a Hellcat. Probably wait until the new 16 model comes out if my business goes well, which it is so far. I like the granite silver or sublime or white...

Sublime would be 2nd color choice. I hear ya though on having to waiting. Most likely next year for me as well, the business is more important than cars for now. Although having an old one to work on is a great stress reliever when you need to clear your mind.

Sometimes you just need a little pause to catch your breath. You are going to have a great ride when your done! Here in Michigan we use the winters to rebuild and the summers to drive like ya stole it!

-
Back