1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Finally got my Six Pack Install Kit. Waited until one popped up on ebay for $239 free shipping not $319 plus shipping like some guy was asking. Still trying to figure out where to get my car painted. I may take it to the guy local to me but I am not that fond of him. I would rather give my money to someone else.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-10-09 at 8.08.31 AM.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 666
Pick up some 340 hood bezels from Moparts. Really nice set. They almost look brand new for $125. Very happy.

How’s the build coming along? We want to be cruising next year........

Trying to get the car painted soon. Seems people don't like money anymore. HA! I have a few lines on painters but I am waiting for them to call me back. Both of them have done 50+ show winning cars. I hope to be rolling by next year. Who knows though.

I know.......I've been there, done that with the body guys. If I could of done it myself I would have but working in a carport and not a garage there is only so much you can do by yourself.

I know.......I've been there, done that with the body guys. If I could of done it myself I would have but working in a carport and not a garage there is only so much you can do by yourself.

Yeah I am not a body man unless it relates to tits. Ha! I still haven't heard from anyone. I might take it to Saetons brother in law. I was hoping gtmopar would do it. He offered but changed his mind. I have a few guys that are good but I need them to call me. I never knew trying to shell out 5k would be this hard.

Any updates on the GTS?

Not much. Gathered more parts(have so many cool parts). I am getting my new garage built in a few months then I will start moving forward. I may be buying a new SRT8 challenger tomorrow. Been really thinking about selling my stroker motor and kind of doing a more stock semi hot rebuild on the numbers 340. Maybe even offing the GTS all together. I am really thinking of getting rid of the project. Only reason is because of the lack of time and space. the GTS is rust free and deserves better then what I can offer her right now.

Any updates on the GTS?

What are you building now. Your Duster was incredible. One of the best builds I have seen. I took many ideas from it. I just went through and reread my build thread kind of gave me the fire again. Once my garage is done I am going to get back to work.

I just bought a 70 Swinger 340 (the EV2 one for sale in Sac), which was the car I wanted to buy when I found my Duster. I'm going to build it in a "Pro resto" style, mixing pro touring and restoration. The Duster made it into Mopar Collectors guide this month! But the current owner got all the credit which pissed me off enough to snap me out of a slump and get back into mopars.

I think we all would understand why you'd want to sell your Dart, but you would regret it down the road. Newer cars are fun, but don't get near the attention that an old one will. Sometimes parking them and walking away for a bit helps. Its so close to being done and you have worked so hard to get where its at. You said that dart is your dream car, so make that dream come true!

Man that is lame. He took the credit? Yeah going to keep it just get discouraged sometimes. Thanks for the pep talk! Are you going to start a thread with the EV2 car? I think I remember seeing it on CL.

Yes I'll start on it once I get some parts and $ set aside for it. Which will come from selling my 89 Saleen and some parts. I may not go the rotisserie route this time. I want to have fun with this Dart. I'm trying to figure out what to do first and whether I want to paint it or do suspension/ brakes/ int first. Its a fun driver right now.

Attachments

• IMG_4631.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 466
Yes I'll start on it once I get some parts and $ set aside for it. Which will come from selling my 89 Saleen and some parts. I may not go the rotisserie route this time. I want to have fun with this Dart. I'm trying to figure out what to do first and whether I want to paint it or do suspension/ brakes/ int first. Its a fun driver right now.

Sweet. Good luck with it. Got this today.

Attachments

• 2014-02-16 13.07.19.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 530
  • 2014-02-16 15.37.10.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 477
  • 2014-02-16 15.37.21.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 493
Nice score Rob. I just did my SRT Track experience yesterday @ Laguna Seca...You'll love it. So how do you like that 392??? Not great on MPG but a lot of Smiles Per Mile. Did you get an Auto or 6 speed??? Now lets get the Dart done. Oh and the last time I saw the little one you were still holding her in your arms......How fast time flys!!!

Nice score Rob. I just did my SRT Track experience yesterday @ Laguna Seca...You'll love it. So how do you like that 392??? Not great on MPG but a lot of Smiles Per Mile. Did you get an Auto or 6 speed??? Now lets get the Dart done. Oh and the last time I saw the little one you were still holding her in your arms......How fast time flys!!!

Yeah who cares about milage. Ha! Nice I am about to sign up for the track experience. Was it great? Might do thunder hill.

I got the 6 speed Core Model. Very happy with it. I have wanted one since they came out.

Yeah they started on my house today. Started in the backyard but then the garage is going to go up. Then I will get going on the dart. That will be cool at the show huh? 2 SRT8 Challengers and 2 Sweet 6 pack darts!

Yeah man she just turned 4 yesterday and I have a boy on the way in May!!

Nice I am about to sign up for the track experience. Was it great? Might do thunder hill.

It was cool. Got to drive the track at Laguna Seca with the SRT group of Challengers, Chargers, 300s and the Jeep. Then we did autocross and head to head autocross.

That will be cool at the show huh? 2 SRT8 Challengers and 2 Sweet 6 pack darts!

Can't wait to see that. Best get that Dart done before life gets in the way. Hey let me know if there is any thing I can help with.

Yeah man she just turned 4 yesterday and I have a boy on the way in May!!

Well aren’t you the proud poppa!!

Yeah I am going to get to the dart soon. Just started on my garage. Thanks. I can't wait to do the SRT8 challenge sounds badass.

-
Back