1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Progress is sweet, looking good Rob. Are you going to use the motor that came with the car or you have other plans?

I am going with the 402 stroker(from MADdart) with IMM prepped RHS heads. My garage is going to be started early April.

Just curious, do you get any grief from the enviro nazis in your area. I see that you live in a pretty upscale neighborhood. Car is looking good. You keeping it W1 white?

No not really. It took awhile to get our approval for the garage but I think it is just normal.
I actually moved to Mill Valley, pretty pretentious area but it is where I grew up.

Yes, W1 will be going back on the GTS. Thanks.

Carbs got here. Happy bday to me.

Attachments

• 20130321_191946.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 624
  • 20130321_191956.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 542
I got my tires mounted on my wheels today. Fronts are 215-45-17 and rears are 235-45-17, on 17x7" SBP rims. I have to switch over to right hand studs on the passenger side to get them to fit. I just ordered the studs.

What is the offset or backspacing on your Wheels Rob?

How's was your B-day Rob? Have you looked at the Pro Max set up for the six pack? http://promaxcarbs.bizland.com/id1.html
I tell you my idle is so smooth it's like I've got a 4 bbl. I might be up in Santa Rafael next weekend with the Dart,
I'll give you a call and maybe we can go out for a run.

How's was your B-day Rob? Have you looked at the Pro Max set up for the six pack? http://promaxcarbs.bizland.com/id1.html
I tell you mine idle so smooth it's like I've got a 4 bbl. I might be up in Santa Rafael next weekend with the Dart,
I'll give you a call and maybe we can go out for a run.

The bday was pretty good. Thanks. What did you buy from that promax page? I haven't heard of using there stuff yet. I have been work 7 days a week lately so I am not sure if I will be around. Hit me up anyways.

I got the Billet Jet Plates,Billet throttle base and the Six Pack Metering Block. It makes tuning so much easier and you don't have to remove the rear carb to adjust the idle mixture screws so you can do it while the engine is running.

I got the Billet Jet Plates,Billet throttle base and the Six Pack Metering Block. It makes tuning so much easier and you don't have to remove the rear carb to adjust the idle mixture screws so you can do it while the engine is running.

Cool. Thanks, I will look into it. How was the good guys? Were you the only dart?

Yes I was the only Dart that I saw, there were a couple of other Mopars but not many at all. Had a lot of people come up and talk to me about how so and so had this exact car......LOL

Ha! I had a 73 340 six pack dart in high school. Blah blah. Your car is looking great. If I didn't have the mustang I would be going crazy right now. At least it is something fast and fun to tie me over...

Attachments

• IMAG0483.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 525
Ordered some new parts. New repro taillight bezels from Layson's. They were seconds but they were only $125. They look great. I also got the 2.5" exhaust from the Jegs sale that was posted. The box came ripped open and one of the pipes got a bit of damage so they gave me $25 dollars back. Total was $125 shipped for a full exhaust without mufflers.

On a bad note I might not be getting a garage built. All I can say is don't mix business and friendship. Instead I may end up renting a warehouse and really give a go at opening a Mopar shop in Marin/Bay Area. Start buying a lot more parts and doing small jobs like front end rebuilds, engine swaps etc and see if I can make it work. This has been my dream for awhile to do some thing I like instead of dreading going to work. I would also love to have bbq's and have the nor cal(or whoever) guys over with their cars. A small get together with a bunch of Mopars. Have everyone check out the shop. I will keep people posted if I do this.

Attachments

• 20130427_073638.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 553
  • 20130427_073646.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 547
Sounds like a cool idea-I wish you the best of luck for your business. It does suck that your garage idea fell through, but perhaps it was a blessing in disguise...

Sounds like a cool idea-I wish you the best of luck for your business. It does suck that your garage idea fell through, but perhaps it was a blessing in disguise...

Hey thanks. That is what my wife said a blessing in disguise. It could be a chance to do what I have been wanting to do.

-
Back