1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
I'm switching gears and going to a 6 pack set up. I got my intake just need the rest. HA!

Attachments

• 7601759-Intside2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 604
Way to go Rob, how is the new garage coming along?

I always wanted a 6 pack so F it you only live once. The garage is about to be started. My buddy's partner(and my friend) who was designing the garage and doing a lot of the work keeled over from a massive heart attack a few weeks ago. So that pushed it back a bit.

Damn it I didn't think about it not fitting under the stock hood. I think I remember seeing 6 pack set ups under a stock hood. Please chime in if you know for sure. I am not switching from the bulge hood.

The six pack will fit underneath a stock hood if you use the OEM style six pack air cleaner. I have installed one on my 70 Dart 340, and also had one on my 69 Dart, and did not have any clearance issues with the stock hood. I also remember seeing one of the 'Mr Norm'Tripower' air cleaners on an A body, and it seemed to be taller than the OEM six pack cleaner, and it also cleared. Ben.

The six pack will fit underneath a stock hood if you use the OEM style six pack air cleaner. I have installed one on my 70 Dart 340, and also had one on my 69 Dart, and did not have any clearance issues with the stock hood. I also remember seeing one of the 'Mr Norm'Tripower' air cleaners on an A body, and it seemed to be taller than the OEM six pack cleaner, and it also cleared. Ben.

Cool. Thanks. I will be going with the OEM style air cleaner.

Good Morning Rob, I sent you a CL ad that has some throttle linkage brackets. Look at the pictures and see if that is the one you are looking for.
Guy

Although a little bit pricey, ($217.80), I picked up an installation kit from my local Dodge dealer for the six pack set up. (part no.P4529058AB). It came with all the carb. mounting bolts (12), coil to intake mount and bolts, coil bracket, choke stove assembly and bolts, carb to carb linkage and clips, throttle cable stud and nut that mounts on the center carb throttle shaft, and a throttle cable and mounting bracket that mounts on the six pack intake manifold. Also included were the fuel lines and brass fuel line blocks to connect the carburetor fuel lines together,as well as the throttle return spring and bracket. The throttle cable is for an E Body but with minor filing on the A body throttle pedal mount and shortening of the cable it can be adapted to the A Body. Also had the air cleaner studs(2), wing nuts(2), and air horn gaskets(3). Ben.

Although a little bit pricey, ($217.80), I picked up an installation kit from my local Dodge dealer for the six pack set up. (part no.P4529058AB). It came with all the carb. mounting bolts (12), coil to intake mount and bolts, coil bracket, choke stove assembly and bolts, carb to carb linkage and clips, throttle cable stud and nut that mounts on the center carb throttle shaft, and a throttle cable and mounting bracket that mounts on the six pack intake manifold. Also included were the fuel lines and brass fuel line blocks to connect the carburetor fuel lines together,as well as the throttle return spring and bracket. The throttle cable is for an E Body but with minor filing on the A body throttle pedal mount and shortening of the cable it can be adapted to the A Body. Also had the air cleaner studs(2), wing nuts(2), and air horn gaskets(3). Ben.

This is what I am doing. I already found this set up for $224. Does it matter that I am going with a 4 speed? Will this kit work too? Also are the carbs any different between 4 speed and auto?

I sold a few things and got the money to buy the 6 pack air cleaner, gaskets and mounting bolts. It is a repro but looks sweet for $300 with my summit coupon.

This is what I am doing. I already found this set up for $224. Does it matter that I am going with a 4 speed? Will this kit work too? Also are the carbs any different between 4 speed and auto?

I sold a few things and got the money to buy the 6 pack air cleaner, gaskets and mounting bolts. It is a repro but looks sweet for $300 with my summit coupon.

As stated the linkage is the same, not sure about the carbs. though?! The center carb. does have a different number for a manual than an automatic application, but what the difference is I don't know. There is a provision for a kick up idle solenoid on the throttle shaft on the automatic carb. (You can see it sticking forward from the center carb. throttle shaft, with the adjusting screw and nut, in the picture.) Whether that solenoid is used on a manual trans. carb., I don't know. Ben.

Attachments

• 11-27-12 001.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 536
Bought my carbs. $1000 bucks shipped brand new. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I just need the Six Pack install kit now.

Attachments

• !B43mG1g!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKioEyY2,4NRyBMrfIvbFT!~~_12.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 457
-
Back