1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
BTW I drained the oil in my 340 before I moved it. Supposably it lost oil pressure and was shut down right away. It still spins freely and should run but a little O ring came out in the oil when I drained it. Any ideas what it could be? I was thinking maybe from the Oil pump and I may be able to change that out and use the 340.

Nothing to update really. I got some thrush welded mufflers for the GTS for $49 shipped. I am in my new house without the garage so I am on hold. I think I may bring my motor down and have it assembled and measured for pushrods. Lucky13 said I can bring it to his shop for a decent price.

ok when you say your stuff is all over the place do you mean in the same building? or is it in many locations? most of my junk, jeep parts, is at home but there are parts in different cities in michigan

I just moved from my house with a garage to a house that hasn't had the garage built yet so part are just all over in storage.

EvilDart,
I saw you getting southbound 880 from Oakland the other day. Beautiful car man!

Not to highjack 68GTconvert's thread but thanks, it seems like it took forever but it was worth it.
Hey Rob where did you move to? Is it close to where you were?

Still waiting for the county to approve my new garage. Every storm is making me nervous. I did buy a nice water proof car cover though. Nothing to update besides some new parts that are being stock piled. Bought the HEI set up from TrailBeast. I am kind excited to see how it works. Decided to keep my stroker motor and stay the course.

Nothing much to update but I got some new parts. Got a nice set of side markers and a new carb. I also picked up a set of 340 manifolds b/c I sold my original ones(duh). My garage was finally approved and will be started soon.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 9.34.53 PM.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 470
  • IMAG0585.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 463
  • Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 9.35.51 PM.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 448
Funny story: The guy(my friend???) who I bought my GTS from took the WORKING am/fm radio out of my car before I bought it and I just saw it for sale on ebay. It sold for $400. It should have come with the car he ripped me off basically. He wouldn't sell it back to me, I offered him $300 for it even though it should have been with my car. Pissed.

I am sorry that he is like that Rob. Karma will get him :)

Thanks. I guess it doesn't matter. I will probably just have wards redo the AM radio I got and put in a ipod hook up. I can't afford a $500 am/fm radio that may or may not work.

your doing a nice job. looks good. :thumbrig: my first 69 dart GTS 340 was just like that one. same color and top too.

-
Back