1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
As promised. Qa1 everything!!

K member. Control arms. Strut rods. Shocks. Ball joints. Engine swaps .com motor mounts. Pst tie rods. lower ball joints. Tiered connectors. Pitman and idle arms!!

The original 383 torsion bars are still super strong from not having a engine or trans in the car for so many years so they r staying.

Sorry guys I could not afford the rms coil over k member or magnum force. They don't offer 5x4 bolt pattern of the ability to keep the Kelsey hayns brakes. $5k for the member $1k for new rims $2k for new brakes... When I have 10k in the motor.... Nope not gunna happen

The qa1 allows the ability to adjust the torsion rods and they r more efficient then coils anyway. And when I break the arms or steering spindle they are all still factory and I can buy them from autozone and don't have to call. Order. And ship everything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 430
Starting on the qa1 install and everything is going fine so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 388
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the gd camber bolts will not come out!!!!!

... Oh I got a solution on how to fix that!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 429
Damon oil pump is in the way.

And of course where the motor mount is to bolt to the k member is where I need to cut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 356
On the plus side everything lines up and it should work out after I get a new oil pump in. A smaller pump with out the tension sting will or should clear the perch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 355
Qa1 and shutenhimer both said that the Moyer will fit on this k member. Shutenhimer said they had a stock pump on their 440 which is slightly smaller then the after market high volume one I have.

Qa1 later said they them selves never made this work, just customers who say they made it happen before.

Well I can say u need to rather have a stock pump. Get a smaller one like I am, pn 21215 from milodon, or cut the k member

Here u can see where it was running and I outlined where I would have to cut to make it happen. Cutting out the hole the stud for the motor mount would go would make the k member worthless

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 359
Bought a new oil pump. Milodon one with out that gay bolt in the way. A last minute trip to Alaska so I'll post pics of the install when I get back

Bought a bad *** oil pump from milodon that does not have the budge in it from the pressure relief spring and the k member still doesn't fit
:finga::finga::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 334
That's the bad *** pump. I forget the part number. But go on the milodon sight n look for the one with no pressure relief spring. 21515... 21585 I think they r.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 321
On a plus side most of the other qa1 parts fit. And they look great. Only the by is that the upper control arms have a large ball joint and the spindle has a small!!! Fail#2

I'm going to call them. Word on the street is they will ream them out for free. So we will see.

And I'm going to plead my face off for them to make a rb a body k member😍😍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 298
And I'm going to plead my face off for them to make a rb a body k member😍😍

That's funny, when I was talking to them at Mopars in the Park, they never mentioned the k frame was designed for small blocks, and I didn't think to ask as I have no plans right now to go with one. It would be a nice future upgrade. Cool product for freeing up space, I was looking for weight savings and it weighs the same as a stock k frame.

I would say its maby 5-10 lbs lighter, but yea, not that much. I wanted to because it was stronger. Was worried that if i popped a willie i would not break something when i came back to earth.

Well thats good new becuase i cant find anyone who will make a aftermarket k member That will fit a big block in a a body AND will let me keep my motor mounts.

I still think im going to give qa1 a ear full and get them to make me one. Bc i called and asked them and engineswaps.com if it would fit and it did not!! Lol not even close.

So i think they owe mee that.

I used all the QA1 stuff with exception to the K-frame. Great stuff. Rocket has it now as I moved to the RMS.

YOu can have those ball joints reamed to the larger size.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the gd camber bolts will not come out!!!!!

... Oh I got a solution on how to fix that!!

Heck yeah I had that same problem! Used a sawzall to get one out. Those are some some nice quality parts you're throwing in your build!

Yea man. Wish that k member worked out but oh well I guess.

My only other option is if magnumforce will make me one.

Long shot but it's worth a try.

Speed hut gauge rings glued on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 201
It's cold in the house so I put the gauge cluster in the basement on the furnace so it could dry. The glue must still have been viscus bc all of the rings fit the gauges too low. So I have to grind out the the pods to fit the gauges off enter :violent1: :eek:ops::banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 197
Time to break out the leather and get covering!!
Starting out with the dash pad.

Layed it out and traced the shape in chalk. It erases easy and won't harm the leather like a marker would.

Also u can't pin the lateral when your working with it so get paper and binder clips to hold the leather while you work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 195
Went through the the sewing machine just fine. Got the thickest purple thread I could buy and a leather needle.

I wanted to use a double needle but I couldn't figure out how it worked so I gave up on it. Just stitching the seams by hand. The foot I'm using has a mini ruler on it. So I just did my best to keep the thread through the same lines.

The I used contact cement to glue the leather to the foam... Which soaked in soooooo not so sure that was the right choose for the pad lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 200
I thought the purple would stand out way more. But o well. The stitching is pretty good except the stitch where they enter the leather r not even.... O well not a show car I guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 192
It turned out ok. There r a few bubbles in the leather to where the glue seeped into the foam faster than it could dry. I hope being under the windshield it will stretch in the heat and contract in the cold and get them out and even the surface. All in all not too bad.

On the other hand it looks a million times better than it did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 190
Started bottom half

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 150
Wrapped bottom half

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 151
-