1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
For real bro! But since I got that sight and printed the ovals. It was smooth sailing. All I got left is to cover it in leather and make the final connections

More pix to come tomorrow when I got the glue dry and the lights connected

very interested in this. I made (bent) a complete full length dash out of alum. sheet, clear over to the glove box door. made a matching glove box door to boot. because of a total basket case build 'with no baskets" I abandoned the dash, installed new cheap gauges, rewired the whole car. is now in body shop prison. hope to get back to the dash one of these days. keep us up to date on yours, lllllllllllooks great!

Just for u man. I put it in the dash and turned on the lights. Still 2 gauges to fit. But it gives u the idea.

Don't give up on that dash. It took me two weeks of work just to figure out how to make the ovals. That web sight is money!!! All u need is a printer, protractor, and nice good flat piece of card board.

The pvc pipe I cut with my hack saw by hand and I still nailed the angles on point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 420
This is what the gauges look like. Black white n yellow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 396
6-8 weeks later. Hot of the press. None were in stock so centerline made them when I called them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 392
Measure measure measure then click buy it now. Hahaha 1.75 back spacing and they fit around the Kelsey hayns 4 piston brakes just fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 390
Firestone kinda ripped me off. $40 to mount these bad boys. When good year only charges me 20$ for the rears. 3.00 for old tire recycling fee( there're were never tires on them... Ever) 26 for balancing them ( I told them not to) whatever I'm not going to cry over $20 extra bucks. I just won't go back!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 380
Looks like I have donuts on the car. Hope it looks better then I take it off the jack stands

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 376
Hahahaha that's one way to look at it .

Right now I found that everything leaks! Brakes, oil. Water. Jeezz😢

Your forgot fuel! The joys of building stuff. I still haven't even gotten to my Dart this year, so I'm jealous of your predicament.

Your forgot fuel! The joys of building stuff. I still haven't even gotten to my Dart this year, so I'm jealous of your predicament.

didn't have any leaking on the totally new brake system, and one leak on a chrome thermostait cover, but the oil leaks are pissing me off. mopar perf. black valve covers, and oil pan bolts for some reason . valve cover gaskets last about 2-3 heat cycles regardless of what they are, or how I glue them on!

Hahaha well the fuel says has all an fittings so that I can say does not leak. Also the diff and trans r empty so they don't have the chance to leak yet !

I hope to get them figured out tomorrow and get you guys a video of her going down the street for the first time since circa 1989

didn't have any leaking on the totally new brake system, and one leak on a chrome thermostait cover, but the oil leaks are pissing me off. mopar perf. black valve covers, and oil pan bolts for some reason . valve cover gaskets last about 2-3 heat cycles regardless of what they are, or how I glue them on!

Well I promis they r equally frustrating! I red rtv everything!!!! And I never had anything leak ever!! But be cool said not to rtv or Teflon tape the temp switch so.... Guess what.... It leaks!

And I can't rtv the brakes. They need to seal on their own so I'll have to wrestle with that on my own. But I do have a Chevy 90* thermostat housing that's the o my thing that would clear the belt gurd and point the right directions. Rtv and 60ft/lbs no leaks.

Just frustrating. I want to put the tires on and go down the street now I have to wrestle with things that I did right the first time.

Pulled the pan on the tranny to change the gasket to a new fresh one and saw this on the valve body. I didn't know that's how the part number was labeled by hand like that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 341
For 40$ you can get a original 727 dust cover or for 45$ you can have a polished stainless steel one!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 358
big day!!!!!!!!!!!

Neighbor came over and helped me bleed the brakes.... And we put 2n2 togeather. The car runs and now can stop. Time to put it all togeather and see if she can go down the road.

First. Fill all fluids 3 gallons of water. 10 quarts of trans fluid. 1.1 ish quarts of diff fluid. And 3 gallons of gas.

Put on all 4 tires on. Drive shaft. Switch panel. And water temp and oil px to monitor the vitals and pulled it out into the driveway for the first time under its own power for the first time!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 345
Out side getting a tan! Love the yellow and purple togeather

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 350
I have a video of the car pulling out of the gerage on her maiden voiage. But I can't get it off my iPhone for you guys. Sorry

Congrats man! First day on it's own power is always exciting.

Ok changed all the bulbs in the car to led's. Couldn't get the flashers to work. Got a electronic relay... Still don't work... Found out u have to put resistors in line as a fake load and was told it would work. Seemed dumb bc the body is the ground there is no ground wife comming out of the bulb to splice a ground into.

So i know better than that anyway. There is a resistor grounding type no resistance relay. Called painless. Yea they make one. $50 each one for turn and one for four ways. $100 plus shipping for relays... Hell no!

Jegs makes one thank god $12! Installed them and they work as advertised...only... All the four ways blink too. Damn, now what! The relays were stealing the ground through the four way switch. So I had to install diodes in the wires for the turn signals. And now everything works like a champ!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 307
Pn 11107 even comes with a reverser incase the polarity is backwards in your fuse box.

Just wish it did not make the tick tick tick noise, I have a dash indicator. I don't need a report tone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 277
The original steering wheel is like 15.5 inches. The gap between it and the steering wheel and the roll cage is also the same size as my thigh. I could not get out of the car . So I had to get a new smaller wheel.

Just man up with the arm strong steering lol!

Got a grant wheel 633 has hole for the trans brake and overdrive buttons when I want to upgrade to them.

Clutch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 256
Now that everything is wired correctly behind the dash I can finnish that. B.put a coat of stop rust paint on it and changed the key hole into a power outlet.

Still got to charge the celly!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 245
-
Back