1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 automatic

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem Geo * You know when you build a car from the floors up & spend countless hours in said restoration no matter what type of vehicle it is - a special something comes over you * I once read somewhere's - that only about 5% of classic & antique car owners work on their cars & of that number less then 1% have actually performed their own restoration * A lot of guys start them with good intensions - but soon get overwhelmed * For you to start & finish a major project commands respect & makes you a stand out amoung fellow peers.

So here you are trying to sell a car you've put time - money - sweat & your being in * People waste your time - try beating you up on the price & who knows what all else * That certain someone may finally buy your car & the first thing he'll do after it's all said & done - he'll take credit for all that work YOU did * It hardly ever fails.

You have a quality Dart there Geo * You know every nut & bolt - from what I can see - better then when it left the showroom * Stick to your guns - someone will come along that will truly appreicate not just the car itself -but what it took for it to be what it is today. Dan

PS: Since you're only in CT Geo & I'm in Fishkill NY - I'd be happy to post the Dart on my website Dream Car Locators for free * I sell it - we can work out a small commission * Think about it & let me know * Here's a link to the site http://dream-car-locators.tripod.com * Dan

Dan,
You've made me blush with humility. Thank You for the kind words.
My son and I did the entire car in 10 months start to finish.

I have a professional classic car salesmen/photographer coming to the house next Sunday to take pix and make up a professional ad for me.
This same fellow sold my last Corvette for me in 5 days for $3000 more than I wanted for it, and I advertized it for months. Once he gets hold of it, the price will go up. He won't rest until it is sold.

I greatly appreciate you offer to list the car for me Dan, that was very nice of you. If things don't work out with my guy, I will shoot you a PM.

Let me also say what a nice job you did on your car, and congratulations on the MR Norm award. The car looks fantastic.

I sold a 60 Belair street/strip car in 1999. I built the whole car from the ground up with a 355 SBC and an M21 4 speed and 12 bolt rear. Had a teardrop hood on it, all the bullcrap. Anyway, I sold it to a guy on Long Island, and about 6 months later it was featured in the Readers Rides section of a magazine. Yep, the owner said he was "very proud of his work"! LMAO!! Maybe he was refering to the wax job he did on it? :D
Happens all the time, but it doesn't really bother me.

George

Well Geo look's like we are on the same sheet of music - LOL * My old dad GOD rest his soul - at least taught me one thing & that was "Any Job Worth Doing - Is Worth Doing Right" I try very hard to live by those words * I always give my customers more then what they ask for & always stick to the price I gave them * That little goes a long - long way believe me * Again best of luck & remember there's azz for every seat - Dan

George that is SUCH a beautiful car...

I dont know how you could part with it, but each to there
own i suppose!

Please stick to your guns with the asking price,
its worth every dollar im sure of it!

George that is SUCH a beautiful car...

I dont know how you could part with it, but each to there
own i suppose!

Please stick to your guns with the asking price,
its worth every dollar im sure of it!
Thanks Nemesis!
The car came out nice, and it runs good, it's just time for something else is all.

George

I hear you got a new toy? Can't wait to see the work in progress pics!

Anyone thats interested in Georges car, You wont be disappointed in it. I would love to pick it up myself. The only thing I would do to it is put some body color steel wheels with red line caps and a set of Red line radials on it.

Anyone thats interested in Georges car, You wont be disappointed in it. I would love to pick it up myself. The only thing I would do to it is put some body color steel wheels with red line caps and a set of Red line radials on it.
Thanks Adam!!
I have the steel wheels and the redline dog dish caps for it, and they go with the car!

George

No, it's a local guy who won it on eBay. He lives about 15 miles from me. I'll tell him about FABO when I bring the car to him.

George

Dang George I thought you were saving it for me? lol Congrats on the sale but I do wish it was coming too my house. Lack of funds on my part. Just to many projects. It is a beautiful car and I hope the new owner will make you proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back