1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 automatic

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real nice car George. Although these are tough financial times, stick to your price and don't give it away. There are folks sill out there with $$$$$ (believe it or not) and if you give it away you will regret it later.

That is the cleanest Dart I believe I've ever seen. It's a shame you want to sell it. I work with a guy that has a 69 that needs the motor rebuilt. I've been trying for a year to get him to sell it to me. He won't come off of it and he's not going to do anything with it.

Real nice car George. Although these are tough financial times, stick to your price and don't give it away. There are folks sill out there with $$$$$ (believe it or not) and if you give it away you will regret it later.
Thanks man. I appreciate the advice.
You're probably right, but I get so impatient that I end up lowering the price.
We'll see what pans out.

Galactic Eyes, thanks for the kind words. I hope you end up with that car eventually. Hate to see them sit unloved.

George

George,nice car don't give it away its a buyers market right now,i'm advertising my duster and haven't gotten one offer..oh well, you can not duplicate the exact car for what i'm asking...:-D

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'd I miss this??????? Now where was I????? Oh ya,

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's happened George? That car's your baby. You can't sell it (ok well you can). And now lowering the price by 1/3??? Crazy. Someone buy this incredible Dart!

If it had A/C, I'd be all over that fine machine. I think this makes about the 5th car I want from here. There's a sweet SubLime roadrunner, a black Cordoba, a '70 'Cuda, your Dart and a few others (plus that huge toolbox).

Good luck to you.

Wylde1.

Thanks guys. I need another project, and I am bored to TEARS with this one.

George

Thanks guys. I need another project, and I am bored to TEARS with this one.

George

The car is beautiful, selling because you are bored?

If you built this car you did a fine job. Help someone out and restore someone elses car. Keeps you busy, make some money on the side and make someone else happy.

Thanks Wildcat. I did all the work right here in the garage with my 10 year old son. Took just about a year start to finish.

George

George, What is the paint code on your spectacular dart?

George,
Didnt you have this car on the Bay ?
What happen with that ?
Didnt reach reserve ?

Hey John,
It didn't reach reserve, but before the auction ran out, I was in a deal "behind the scenes" with a guy about 30 miles away. We email bargained back and forth for a week or so when we finally both agreed to a set of terms and a price. I did all this bullshit switching stuff around, taking the after market gauges out of the car etc because I was to deliver it to his house last Saturday.
FRIDAY NIGHT before I was to deliver it, he emails me saying his wife won't let him buy the car. He said she was threatening to leave him, and was freaking out etc. These people live in a VERY affluent part of CT where it smells like money when you drive through town.
Anyway, thats what happened with the last auction. I was so freakin pissed off at the guy I wanted to spit!

I had another local guy who saw it on eBay and wanted to come and see it. He lives far away and was only able to get here on a weekday. So, I took a day off work to be home for him so he can look at/drive the car. The day he was supposed to come, he calls up around noon and says that if I wanted more than $13,000 that he can't afford it. So I had taken a day off work for nothing.
Anyway, I'll try again in a week or two and see what happens. I knew it wasn't going to be easy to sell a car in these times, but to deal with whacko's makes it that much more difficult! LOL

George

I see.......The next guy will probably ask you if he can maske payments.#-o

Oh-well, stick to your guns,someone eventually will pay the right price.

John

What a hassle dealing with these @$$holes. :bootysha:
$13K..... what an insult!:spiderma:

Hope you can sell it to a real buyer.

Wylde1.

Yeah, we'll get it sold. I aint hurtin for it to go, but it would be nice to start on another project. I am bored to tears here with nothing to do but wipe off the car and my truck.
I wanna build, not clean. LOL

George

That **** drove me nuts when I had cars for sale. I had a guy say he was coming to buy a road runner I had. I had it up on stands and the interior out. I put all that back in, took out off the stands and sat there for two hours. He lived 10 min. away. I finally call him and he says he changed his mind. I put the word out I wanted a piece of his ***. I ran into him a year or two later and before I could say a word he hands me 100.00 bill. He asked if we were good. I said it's a step in the right direction. I've had alot of irritating crap happen when selling cars. Too many to list! Good luck George and please be carfull. Don't trust these wackos. Meet them away from your house and maybe even pack a piece. I know I sound like I'm paranoid but, people are nuts and desperate right now. Take a buddy or have one with ya.

That **** drove me nuts when I had cars for sale. I had a guy say he was coming to buy a road runner I had. I had it up on stands and the interior out. I put all that back in, took out off the stands and sat there for two hours. He lived 10 min. away. I finally call him and he says he changed his mind. I put the word out I wanted a piece of his ***. I ran into him a year or two later and before I could say a word he hands me 100.00 bill. He asked if we were good. I said it's a step in the right direction. I've had alot of irritating crap happen when selling cars. Too many to list! Good luck George and please be carfull. Don't trust these wackos. Meet them away from your house and maybe even pack a piece. I know I sound like I'm paranoid but, people are nuts and desperate right now. Take a buddy or have one with ya.
I been down these roads before with the Corvettes.
Oh, and I always have my piece with me. Summer is a 380 auto and winter is a 44 mag with a 4" barrel. If I'm breathing, I'm packing. Count on it.

Thanks for the advice, though.

George

Hello All * I've been following this thread since the start * First I want to say - beautiful Dart * I own & operate a small restoration shop - plus deal a little in classic cars * It never fails to amaze me how inconsiderate people are today * Yes I'm an old timer of sorts & I was brought up where "A Man's Word" or a simple hand shake was all that was needed * Hell I bought my first house in 1970 with nothing more then my name signed on a hand written paper & a promise * Just today
I had a guy suppose to come inspected one of my cars * He calls me at 11am to confirm the appointment at 2 o'clock - well guess what? Yup he never shows up - no calls or return of my calls * Half a day shot in the butt * No I'm sorry to say - a man's word these days won't get you a free cup of coffee & a hand shake probably less then that * I know there are still good - honest - people in the world - but far & fewer in between. Dan

Good deal George. I'm glad you don't think I'm paranoid. Again, good luck.

Hello All * I've been following this thread since the start * First I want to say - beautiful Dart * I own & operate a small restoration shop - plus deal a little in classic cars

Thanks Dan. Kind words about the restoration of my car from a guy that does it for a living makes a guy feel good. I appreciate your opinion.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back