1969 GTS 340 4spd

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What's it worth? Original 340 4spd car with 8 3/4 that is missing the engine and trans. In good condition with most of the parts there including fender tag and vin.

Grill and head light buckets are mint show quality, fenders and door great, front window channel and roof are great, floor pans good except where your feet go both sides in front, but not horrible, basically it needs a full quarter and outer wheel house passenger side, drivers quarter need patches, but not entire quarter, trunk, should be replaced, all front suspension brand new, all wiring perfect. Original rear housing, all new rear brakes for the up grade to big pattern, backing plates shoes drums hardware, just needs doc diffs rear axle package, eng and trans and it would be a real gts 4 speed driver.

IMG_1425.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice start to a project. With everything it needs plus paint, a person will likely be upside down once the car is done.
Figure 10k paint, not including sheet metal needed, plus welding prep, etc, etc, another 10-12 grand for driveline, interior?
would be real easy to have 40k in it, if not more, even starting out by purchasing it for 10k.

Nice start to a project. With everything it needs plus paint, a person will likely be upside down once the car is done.
Figure 10k paint, not including sheet metal needed, plus welding prep, etc, etc, another 10-12 grand for driveline, interior?
would be real easy to have 40k in it, if not more, even starting out by purchasing it for 10k.
Yeah, I agree with your assessment. I don't have the time or space for it right now but thinking about buying and storing it until I do.

I wholeheartedly agree. $5000 seems too cheap, $10,000 sounds like too much. I'll say $7500.

well prices have grown since a bought my 69 gts 340 auto ps pb discs a/c 3.54 ls re , in and out green met . both front fenders and bumper were beat up and and some collection of dents , windshield broke too , and the wrong carb . but it is a number matching car , so i've replaced both front fenders and bumper and driverside door . rebuilt the engine because of a small water leak into the #2 cylinder , that must have been the reason it wasn't driven when i bought it . it's still waiting for me to get around to finishing her , some day soon i hope .

DSC08164.JPG

Bummed because you don't like the yellow, and hate to change from orig color? I think that pale yellow with black looks great myself, I had a one just like that....

i've had three different 69 gts 340 cars and all where green in and out ! best one was the rolled over one . but this one has factory air .

man, this is a tough one. that's a big pill on paint and body, not to mention a full interior.

i don't see the missing drive train as *that* big of deal, realistically you can just shoehorn whatever in there. but to get into that "real money" if you go to sell, numbers matching is what people will want, and an acceptable compromise of "year correct" will still be top tier but not bank robber sacks with the $ signs on them.

if you've always really wanted one, then you can hang a few more dollars on the price for romanticized reasons, but if you're just thinking about picking it up for a future project to build and sell or the usual "they don't make these no more" then i'd skew it back down the line.

from pictures and descriptions, i'd say 5-ish would be a decent buy. if it's a dream car, i'd bump it to 7 adjacent. but running the numbers in my head all i can think is getting upside down on this right quick. visions of 100 dollar bills with wings fluttering out of my wallet and into the sunset, my paypal account balance migrating like birds in winter, a fat stack of cash taking on the semblance of murmurations at the car show swap meet. calls from the credit card company asking if i authorized charges...

Bummed because you don't like the yellow, and hate to change from orig color? I think that pale yellow with black looks great myself, I had a one just like that....
Bummed because the thought of it being B5 blue got me excited.... lol. I do agree the pale yellow does look good however not my first choice in colors.

Yeah probably not my first choice in colors either. B5 is hard to beat. Personally I'd paint it whatever color I want. All depends on what the car is for I guess....

-
Back