1969 Plymouth Valiant 2 door

-

3404speed

Ancient Decrepit Member
Reaction score
My wife has named it FrankenValiant!

Started this a few months ago. Bought the car in March and have been piecing it together since. The underbody had been sand blasted and primered, and a newer spool type k frame and 8 1/4 rear axle installed, thus giving it big bolt pattern wheel choices and disc brakes.

Delivered on a trailer, and rolled off into the driveway, it had to wait about a month before I had a chance to start getting it in shape. Seemed like it rained everyday I had off.

Started by removing all the "placed on" sheetmetal, boxes of stuff from the trunk, the seats, the glass, and everything to get back to the body.

A few pics to start:
100_9513-1.jpg

Here is what my goal is for it to look like(not exactly...but you get my drift)

69plymouthvaliant2.jpg

Frank en Valiant has a lot of potential. The Quarter panel metal has been seriously abused and stretched by the magician bodyman that performed the masterful dent removal sometime in the past.

I am looking for a quarter panel from a 67-69 Valiant or at least the section(even from a 4 door rear door) that I could replace it with.

Working on a tight budget(are'nt a lot of us) so I would like a trade or reasonably priced part here...it is going to be a fun driving car, not a $50000 hemi tribute car...

I like the 2dr post cars. Lots of potential to be built into a real sleeper. Not many of these 2drs exist. Good project to start with

Frank en Valiant has a lot of potential. The Quarter panel metal has been seriously abused and stretched by the magician bodyman that performed the masterful dent removal sometime in the past.

I am looking for a quarter panel from a 67-69 Valiant or at least the section(even from a 4 door rear door) that I could replace it with.

Working on a tight budget(are'nt a lot of us) so I would like a trade or reasonably priced part here...it is going to be a fun driving car, not a $50000 hemi tribute car...

Don't worry you will have it looking good one day. I got a 67 I have been working on for a while I mean a while ,but slowly coming together.check out my pics on my profile.Oh ya i might have some parts .cheers and cool ride!

I love that body style, good luck finding any sheet metal worth using, it's hard to even find those cars and even harder to find parts. But they are sweet and for sure worth restoring.

The merging of the '74 wiring with '69 wiring had a couple of challenges, since I wanted to keep the key i the dash and keep the older steering column.
101_0322.jpg

Good thing I had lots of parts, as the original box was totally disassembled by the PO, and no screws, retainers or any small parts were found in the boxes of parts I got with the car. NOw I hope it works when I finally get it all together..LOL
101_0328.jpg

-
Back