1969 Plymouth Valiant 2 door

-
The car coded out as B5 Blue. Want to Napa where my Sister in law works, and got the mix done in Base/Clear. They looked it up on the computer for 69 Plymouth and this is the formula they got. Looks much brighter than the later B5 blue, but I really like it.
101_0120.jpg
So there is the formula that any Napa can mix for you. I would not recommend using this to match any panel you're trying to repair, as I believe it would be way off.

You've got a nice project there 340. I like that blue. Keep up the good work. If you can't find replacement metal, try your hand at making the panels, sometimes they aren't too tough to make.

Thanks guys. The problem with that Quarter panel is how many holes are in it and the metal is stretched. Then there are the body lines in front of the wheel well...

I missed this thread until speaking with you in chat john.... looks like one cool project and I think you made a great choice on that blue. looking great!

i HAVE A 68 VALIANT POST IN THE AVATAR ITS BEEN 2 YEARS AND IT SHOULD BE FINISHED IN 2 WEEKS , YOUR CAR HAS ALOT OF POTENTIAL AND U ARE KICKING BUTT ON IT CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PROGRESS

The car coded out as B5 Blue. Want to Napa where my Sister in law works, and got the mix done in Base/Clear. They looked it up on the computer for 69 Plymouth and this is the formula they got. Looks much brighter than the later B5 blue, but I really like it.
101_0120.jpg
So there is the formula that any Napa can mix for you. I would not recommend using this to match any panel you're trying to repair, as I believe it would be way off.

Yeah, NAPPY changed their formulas so more colors would match with less computer formulas. They mixed a quart of teal for my avitar 64. Matched exact (2008 fall) went back this past fall in 09 shot a rust repair patch, WAY OFF, much greener & darker than original. I evev took them in Martin Senour paint chips sheet from 1964, still could't mix a second quart that was right! They even called MS factory and couldn't get the computer system accept the original formula.
Be going back to Kentucky Motors, They have a digital camera they can shoot my hood and mix me a match!!!
Love your color!!! Our 69 is B-5 but yours looks alot deeper and richer!!

i HAVE A 68 VALIANT POST IN THE AVATAR ITS BEEN 2 YEARS AND IT SHOULD BE FINISHED IN 2 WEEKS , YOUR CAR HAS ALOT OF POTENTIAL AND U ARE KICKING BUTT ON IT CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PROGRESS

Awesome, good luck and have fun driving!

Yeah, NAPPY changed their formulas so more colors would match with less computer formulas. They mixed a quart of teal for my avitar 64. Matched exact (2008 fall) went back this past fall in 09 shot a rust repair patch, WAY OFF, much greener & darker than original. I evev took them in Martin Senour paint chips sheet from 1964, still could't mix a second quart that was right! They even called MS factory and couldn't get the computer system accept the original formula.
Be going back to Kentucky Motors, They have a digital camera they can shoot my hood and mix me a match!!!
Love your color!!! Our 69 is B-5 but yours looks alot deeper and richer!!
Some Napa stores have a color matching "gun" that they put right on the paint, and it will get you very close to the color on your car. It might not be a Chrysler color, but only the paint mixer and you will know

I'm sure I could, just haven't found one yet. Has to be the older style with the drop down lines.

Like this one, right?

68valiantCIA.jpg

If you like, next time I go to the junkyard, I could ask them what they might want for the doorskin.. assuming it meets your requirements of course.

Oh, almost forgot- awesome project.. I haven't seen a Valiant two-door (non-Scamp, anyway) in almost ten years.

Yep, that would work. seems all the 4 door valiants I parted were later years with the straight body lines. sure, check price if you could, thanks.

Like this one, right?

68valiantCIA.jpg

If you like, next time I go to the junkyard, I could ask them what they might want for the doorskin.. assuming it meets your requirements of course.

3404speed.....I sent you an email the other day and still have not got a reply back from you....you had said you would look through those harness's you have and get back to me

Awesome, Hey your not too far away even! When i get back if you ever need anything i have taken off my Valiant let me know . How far is Bradford from you?

How is it possible I have missed this? I try to keep up on all the Valiant builds! There isnt that many really. Espsecially the 69's!!! Looks great so far!!!

Awesome, Hey your not too far away even! When i get back if you ever need anything i have taken off my Valiant let me know . How far is Bradford from you?

between RT 6 in Pa and Rt 17 I86 in NY. About 2-3 hours maybe...keep in touch!

How is it possible I have missed this? I try to keep up on all the Valiant builds! There isnt that many really. Especially the 69's!!! Looks great so far!!!

Yeah, I'm really digging the 69 Valiant bod. And the build is fun.

post cars rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up.

Definitely!

-
Back