1969 Pro Street Dart Coming Back to Life!

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
I purchased a 1969 Pro Street Dart from a FABO Member in December. I hired a trucking company to deliver the car and the driver flipped the trailer 10 miles from my house crushing the roof and entire passenger side of my Dart among other parts. The (trucking's) insurance company wanted to total the car, but after putting up a 3 week fight I WON! Now I have chosen one of the best and meticulous restorers in Georgia to do my work (James Boyd)...Check out the progress so far at: http://roadkingcustoms.shutterfly.com/

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the folder for 69 Dart. The 59 Chevy truck will be on the cover of one Magazine and a 4 page spread in another. I am very excited, watching the progress so far..Insurance is only covering all the repairs and putting it back to primer, as I bought it..I am paying extra for the firewall to be smoothed and the car to be painted in Audi Solar Orange with a flat black AAR Hemi Hood and a flat black bumble bee stripe. I will be pulling the motor, going through it, replacing all gaskets and seals and painting the block the same color as the body. I am looking forward to having a beautiful driver that I can take to Test and Tune at Atlanta Dragway! All by the end of next month..He posts pics weekly...Watch the transformation...

thats great man i know your happy... well thats just 1 more saved:cheers:

Looks like your car is in good hands, nice project. Sorry to hear about the mishap, at least the ins. co. covered you.8)

Wow - that's allot of work they're doing. Great job and you don't have to pay for it. Glad it's working out for you. I know the insurance company is paying to bring it up to primer but was wondering if you decided on a color yet?

You must have done a lot of talking. Where did the car come from?

what did you do with the old hood ?? is it repairable ???

Joemc - Thanks..The color is called Omaha Orange (Bright Tangerine type color) with flat black bumblebee stripe and flat black AAR hemi hood. Jefflock - I had my work cut out for me but yeah...a lot of talking..I got the car from a FABO member in Kansas..Don't know if you can tell by the photos, but I'm having a lot of extra work done while it's apart (all sheet metal and holes on the bottom welded and sealed, then undercoated, Filler hole sealed, firewall smoothed, lots of new bracing to tighten up the car, New wiring harness, new decklid with custon hinges and mounts, new custom gauge cluster with new gauges etc.)..Rook440..The hood was fine but I didn't like the cowl look..I actually had it on EBAY a few times and on here, but ended up selling it locally a few weeks back..I should have my AAR Hemi hood Tuesday according to the tracking #

Andre,
It's coming along nicely and can't wait to see it in person.

If it's anything close to how nice your Mustang is, I'm sure it will bring major tears at the shows.

Any idea when the dart may hit the road, lemme know, I wanna park next to you, ha, ha.

Oops, I saw you said it would be ready in march.
Dang man, you must work fast.

That is some serious repair work. WOWOWOWOW

Thanks John!! We definately need to keep the Orange Mopars together! I wish I could be so good as to take credit for the build..or rebuild..His name is James Boyd (Road King Customs)..Few of his builds have hit covers of various magazines...Can't wait to get it back and start poppin' wheelies :)

Thanks John!! We definately need to keep the Orange Mopars together! I wish I could be so good as to take credit for the build..or rebuild..His name is James Boyd (Road King Customs)..Few of his builds have hit covers of various magazines...Can't wait to get it back and start poppin' wheelies :)

Can't wait to see that car!

Where is Boyd located?

Okay..Moving right along..More pics posted this past week if you check the link...Just got off the phone with him and the entire car is now primed and ready for paint..I'll keep the updates coming..It looks like she will be completed this month.. (I still have to pull the motor and trans, go through them, send the headers off to be ceramic coated, and drop it back in).

Okay, new pics posted last night...All body work done and the car is in primer...WE HAVE ORANGE PAINT!!! Rest of car will be painted this week...Check out the progress pics...Almost done and getting excited!!!

Yeah man!

Lemme know when you get it home, I wanna come over and see that thing.

I bet you're stoked now that the paint is flowing.

Hay man what did you use for those trunk hinges? Are those the autoloc ones?

-
Back