1969 Quarter Window Regulator

-

sparky1996

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help me out as I'm new to all this, I wanted to get to the window regulator in my 1969 Dart to lubricate everything because my window is a little tough to roll up and down, I have the back seat out, and I'm not sure how to remove the metal interior trim panel that sits below the window, or the whole panel below the window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You will have to pop off the vinyl covered panel and then you will have access to inside the quarter where the regulator is. You will also see a bunch of philips head screws that will remove the metal panel right under the window.

Good luck! Also we love to see some pictures of your car! :lol:

The metal clips over the top and is held in place by screws under the soft trim panel under the metal panel on top of it. The soft trim is held in place by spring clips the pop out of their locating holes. Don't forget to take the arm rest and window crank off before trying to remove the soft trim panel.

I think you'll find the upper metal interior piece has another screw hidden under rubber gasket around in the door jamb area. You may not need to remove that part just to squirt grease at the regulator stuff below. Just be aware... There are some weird little rollers assemblies with a ball socket over a ball stud in them that aren't easily lubricated or replaced when they break.
I wont type the whole story of my drivers side windows again here but I'll add what I took away from the experience... Don't use the quarter windows. Roll them up and leave them alone.

You will have to pop off the vinyl covered panel and then you will have access to inside the quarter where the regulator is. You will also see a bunch of philips head screws that will remove the metal panel right under the window.

Good luck! Also we love to see some pictures of your car! :lol:
Thank You, Here is a few Pics

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

The metal clips over the top and is held in place by screws under the soft trim panel under the metal panel on top of it. The soft trim is held in place by spring clips the pop out of their locating holes. Don't forget to take the arm rest and window crank off before trying to remove the soft trim panel.
Thank You, Ok I have never had one of the old panels off, only newer cars... How easily do the "Spring Clips" release? Should they come off easily, or allot of force and I can expect to cause additional damage to the clips or panel itself?

I think you'll find the upper metal interior piece has another screw hidden under rubber gasket around in the door jamb area. You may not need to remove that part just to squirt grease at the regulator stuff below. Just be aware... There are some weird little rollers assemblies with a ball socket over a ball stud in them that aren't easily lubricated or replaced when they break.
I wont type the whole story of my drivers side windows again here but I'll add what I took away from the experience... Don't use the quarter windows. Roll them up and leave them alone.
Completely understood.... Its the kids that decided to the one down, and I hand to persuade it to go back up...

Drill out a old window crank so all the splines are gone and screw it back in, it will have a crank but it won't roll the window down.

Beautiful car! Looks like the exact same paint, top, and interior as what mine originally is except my car is a Custom.
Thanks.
Long story with this one.... It was my fathers first car, He sold it over 25 years ago.... It just recently went up for sale and I was able to get it back in the family. :thumbsup:

I have all the individual parts as well as the complete assemblies, if you end up needing anything
Is there any good pictures of what it is supposed to look like? I'm guessing something is wrong, when I look down through the opening with all the trim off, I see what look like a ball end of a ball joint, but it is not connected to anything, seems like it should be.... but I have nothing to go by

All the ones I currently have are still in cars.
If you could post a pic of what you are working with, it would be helpful
I know this is a little hard to see, but they are still in the car, I was hoping this could be fixed without removing the, I hear that's a nightmare.

IMG_1964.JPG

All the ones I currently have are still in cars.
If you could post a pic of what you are working with, it would be helpful
I found the part I think I need, I got the pin part out, and there is black roller that is still in the track that looks OK, I sure hope it is because I don't see a way to get it out. Thanks for your help, I think I'll order what I think it is and go from there.

Capture.PNG

I suppose you could just leave the old roller in there. It could limit travel... by what, 3/4 inch? Or maybe the track extends well below the stop. Good luck with it.

I suppose you could just leave the old roller in there. It could limit travel... by what, 3/4 inch? Or maybe the track extends well below the stop. Good luck with it.
Well I can get the roller in, but can't get that clip on it. I surely don't want to pull the whole regulator out, that looks like a nightmare, so I'm kinda stuck at the moment.

-
Back