1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Easy on the hole-shots. My 50 year old spider gears spit the bit last Friday on my first (attempted) 1/4 mile pass in my Duster. Lined up, dropped the hammer @ 3500 (315 drag radials / 4:30 gear / 4-link) and with a track prepped for John Force (extra sticky), traction was not an issue. It bit hard...and immediately went BOOM. Trip home sponsored by my AAA Gold card.

New spiders coming to get me back on the road for the summer but a Strange S-60 (Dana 60) is in the cue.

No complaints, those 50 year old spider gears lasted over 12 years in this thing alone.....hard to say the abuse they endured before that.

20240510_134850.jpg

20240512_145542.jpg

Last edited:
that's a very cool upgrade and as you say looks almost stock. so many led headlights have those smaller circles in the 'bowl' and look far too modern (imo) for even most 'modern' cars. that type is not my cup of tea at all, whereas these i'd fit in a heartbeat.
neil.

that's a very cool upgrade and as you say looks almost stock. so many led headlights have those smaller circles in the 'bowl' and look far too modern (imo) for even most 'modern' cars. that type is not my cup of tea at all, whereas these i'd fit in a heartbeat.
neil.
The reverse light bulbs they sell, while somewhat pricey, seem to shine brighter than my old OEM headlights. If you never drive at night you probably would not care, but driving home from that late evening cruise you can see again.

The reverse light bulbs they sell, while somewhat pricey, seem to shine brighter than my old OEM headlights. If you never drive at night you probably would not care, but driving home from that late evening cruise you can see again.
Thanks Denny. I looked at them this morning. :thumbsup:

Got the lights working, still have something going on with the passenger parking light. It does not have both filaments lit, I tried another bulb.....................pretty crazy after all this time the dome light and license plate light still work. :thumbsup:

IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

Received an email from Carlisle yesterday. My car didn't make the cut for inside one of the buildings for the show in July, lots of applications and competition.

All good though I am just proud to have the car finished and be at the show to tell the story. I registered for the show field last July and my goal was to be there. What I love the most is talking to people and telling them the story of my FIL and this great car. :thumbsup:

I can almost picture him standing next to it and being proud of the effort you been putting into it.
Received an email from Carlisle yesterday. My car didn't make the cut for inside one of the buildings for the show in July, lots of applications and competition.

All good though I am just proud to have the car finished and be at the show to tell the story. I registered for the show field last July and my goal was to be there. What I love the most is talking to people and telling them the story of my FIL and this great car. :thumbsup:

Scott, Looking forward to seeing the Dart in the flesh at Carlisle! The last time I did a must attend Mopar Carlisle was to see the Silver Bullet! You have a fantastic car and an even better back story, thanks for sharing!

Running / parking lights only use one filament, the second filament is for the turn signal / 4 ways. May I suggest , re-check / clean ground on the drivers side lighting harness.

Now the fun begins just doing the little odds and ends at your own shop at your pace. Enjoy.

once I replace my broken SureGrip, we should have a match race....... your Dart vs my silver, coffee getter Hemi Duster.

The FABO crowd can side bet. Who wants to hold the $$$$ ?

How does the application work? Do you have to send pictures and details?

Scott, Looking forward to seeing the Dart in the flesh at Carlisle! The last time I did a must attend Mopar Carlisle was to see the Silver Bullet! You have a fantastic car and an even better back story, thanks for sharing!
WOW, thank you! Looking forward to meeting you at Carlisle.:thumbsup:

Running / parking lights only use one filament, the second filament is for the turn signal / 4 ways. May I suggest , re-check / clean ground on the drivers side lighting harness.

Now the fun begins just doing the little odds and ends at your own shop at your pace. Enjoy.

once I replace my broken SureGrip, we should have a match race....... your Dart vs my silver, coffee getter Hemi Duster.

The FABO crowd can side bet. Who wants to hold the $$$$ ?
Thanks, Denny good to know, the driver side is not correct then.:thumbsup: I willcheck the ground again.

A race, that could be interesting........................your coffee getter. :rofl:

It will outrun everyone at your local cars and coffee I bet.:thumbsup:

Carpet is in and seats are bolted back in. I could not have done it without help from my wife. Very happy with the result. I just have to do the final trimming and put the trim back on.

IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG

Thanks, Denny good to know, the driver side is not correct then.:thumbsup: I willcheck the ground again.

A race, that could be interesting........................your coffee getter. :rofl:

It will outrun everyone at your local cars and coffee I bet.:thumbsup:

I think our A body Hemi cars are similarly equipped.....except I have A/C and P/S. Both stick cars but I bet mine is slightly heavier and a bit more streetable......so to even things out, I'll leave my A/C off.

Whooompa!!!

BTW...the carpet looks great.

-
Back