1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I will be interested to hear about the trans. Guessing it is at least slick shifted. Maybe face-plated, maybe Liberty ?? What a dream-come-true vehicle !

It may be one of the custom direct connection gear sets that has been slickshifted or faceplated…

0887EF9F-8C48-4F03-990D-F3A4DA8CC2D3.jpeg

The 833 4 spd would have been slick shifted or pro shifted back in the 70's. I don't think Liberty started faceplating the 833 transmissions till the early 2000's. I had Liberty do one in 2011 and they could only do 3rd and 4th gear, with 1st syncroid and 2nd pro shifted at that time. Some time in the mid 20 teens or later they started faceplating 2nd 3rd and 4th gears as best as I can remember.

I noticed yesterday front passenger tire needed some air, not bad for 50 years and holding air until last couple of day's. Getting ready to load it on the trailer for the trip to NC tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Aired it up this morning and valve stem finally gave up.................C'mon these things should last more than 50 years :rofl:

dart front tire.jpeg

What was the typical skinny front tire size? I will check the rears when we pull them and replace with similar size DOT race tire.
27 or 28 tall 4.5 wide, I will be running 28 by 4.5 Hoosier on my 70 dart, 28 take a little body work so maybe try a used pair out 1st. You have tall tires in back id suggest Hoosier 29.5 by 11.5 w..
The actual measurements are slightly larger @ 30.6 by 13.5 tread

27 or 28 tall 4.5 wide, I will be running 28 by 4.5 Hoosier on my 70 dart, 28 take a little body work so maybe try a used pair out 1st. You have tall tires in back id suggest Hoosier 29.5 by 11.5 w..
Thanks for the info. My FIL had some old Mopar wheels in the back of the car. I have some 165 80 15 (all local place had available) being mounted right now, so I will have good tires on there for loading it on the trailer etc. I will post some pics today when they get done.

A lot worn off sidewall on back, but I think they are 12.5

Sorry checked again. 12.2

5E73148A-44F6-449D-BD22-E6B1A0D0E820.jpeg

That is easily a 30K car if not more in that original condition.
Not sure what you mean by "original condition". The door panels are from a Swinger, but not sure if it was a 340 swinger, by the "DART" name plates on the front fenders. It does have the shoulder belts as a 340 would. The grill is painted as a swinger. The seats are from a Dodge Van, as was the 68' Dart Hemi. Funny how the hood inner supports were removed, but the rear seat was still there, as the 68' Hemi had no rear seat. The roll cage is also added to the original car. Original, as in a "set up" race car from the day, is awesome!!!! I agree, leave it as is.

Not sure what you mean by "original condition". The door panels are from a Swinger, but not sure if it was a 340 swinger, by the "DART" name plates on the front fenders. It does have the shoulder belts as a 340 would. The grill is painted as a swinger. The seats are from a Dodge Van, as was the 68' Dart Hemi. Funny how the hood inner supports were removed, but the rear seat was still there, as the 68' Hemi had no rear seat. The roll cage is also added to the original car. Original, as in a "set up" race car from the day, is awesome!!!! I agree, leave it as is.
Thanks, Leave as it is....................that is the plan. Here is the fender tag. I have the original buckets, and they look brand new.

IMG_6954.JPG

Took the hood and some parts yesterday to eventually pull the motor............again no clue what I am doing here but learning as I go. Labeling stuff and removing everything carefully.

View attachment 1716075788

View attachment 1716075790

View attachment 1716075795

View attachment 1716075791

View attachment 1716075792

View attachment 1716075793

View attachment 1716075794
I notice the tag screws are different sizes. Mine are also and it is a 340 swinger. I sure I was the first to take the car apart, in 87'. The tag is from a 340 swinger. The name plates on the fenders must of been added later.

No rear seat, it may be in the garage still................

IMG_6710.JPG

Date code on tires? Where would that be located?
Along the bead and stamp into the tire, not raised. I believe it is just a number. The week and last number would be the year. I'm sure the tires are way outdated. I would buy new tires and save the old ones until you can find more history of the car. Nice project you have here.

All locked up and my MIL has great neighbors watching out for her...............no worries there. I have a lot to go thru and it is going to take a while.
You better watch the car, when the lord comes back, he's probably coming for that 1st lol

-
Back