Trulyvintage

Reaction score
What do you think fair market value would be for:

1969 Satellite two door
Clear title - running condition
Original 318 w/ factory ac
130K original miles
New Mexico car w/ same owner last 20 years
Factory yellow paint - repainted yellow (not factory)
Minor rust rear fenders

I am working on getting the vin so I can decode it

Jim

1969 Satellite two door
130K original miles
Minor rust rear fenders

Jim

yep thats nice.

something about a sattelite ? Definately an A body in the avatar !

I keep opening this thread and have no idea why. Heck, I still dont know what it's all about

Grant

I keep opening this thread and have no idea why. Heck, I still dont know what it's all about

Grant

Grant,

I travel all over the country.
I was in a small New Mexico town & a guy left his name and number
on my window about a Plymouth for sale.
He is not computer savy, he has no way of emailing me pictures.
I was looking at what the fair market value was for his car.
I have been looking for a mopar for awhile for myself.

Jim

1969 Satellite two door
130K original miles
Minor rust rear fenders

Jim

Three things come to mind thinking about the question you asked...condition, condition, condition! It would be really hard to give any kind of accurate figure without pics. Paint and bodywork could be your biggest expense if it needs much of any.

Judging from some of the previous replies, I'm willing to bet if you were to auction off the life size version of your avatar here on FABO, you could probably buy three of those 69 Satellites......and have some change left over. :-D

Dear lady in TrulyVintage's avatar:
2396506794_fc8f9bbeea.jpg

OK, I'll jump in.

Satellite would normally not command near the price, now or ever of a basic 383 Roadrunner in the same condition. Why? Not a Roadrunner or a 383. So if you're thinking of restoring it and hoping the increased value will be recouped on a sale, it probably won't.

However, if as you say, you are looking for a car to own, fix up and enjoy driving, then the best thing to do is to come up with a ballpark estimate of what you honestly think it will cost you to get it up to your specs - body, paint, interior and drivetrain.

If you are considering a big block, factor in the fact that the drive train, springs, torsion bars, possibly brakes will require upgrading.

You need to fully ascertain the body condition, remember it costs as much for body/paint on a Satellite as it does a Roadrunner.

Of course, if you have seen the car, fell in love with it, and decided that all of the above is worth it...

I would guess (and I'm no B-body expert) in very good condition - 3,000

Grant

OK, I'll jump in.

Satellite would normally not command near the price, now or ever of a basic 383 Roadrunner in the same condition. Why? Not a Roadrunner or a 383. So if you're thinking of restoring it and hoping the increased value will be recouped on a sale, it probably won't.

However, if as you say, you are looking for a car to own, fix up and enjoy driving, then the best thing to do is to come up with a ballpark estimate of what you honestly think it will cost you to get it up to your specs - body, paint, interior and drivetrain.

If you are considering a big block, factor in the fact that the drive train, springs, torsion bars, possibly brakes will require upgrading.

You need to fully ascertain the body condition, remember it costs as much for body/paint on a Satellite as it does a Roadrunner.

Of course, if you have seen the car, fell in love with it, and decided that all of the above is worth it...

I would guess (and I'm no B-body expert) in very good condition - 3,000

Grant

Thanks Grant,

That is the advice I was looking for.
This car supposedly has a straight body with minor surface rust
behind the rear fenders - no body work - same southern New Mexico
owner last 20 years.
Car supposedly in running order - my plans were to just drive it.
Perhaps restore it someday.

Jim

-
Back