1969 Valiant 2Dr Post

-

69Valiant2DR

Reaction score
Hello!
I've been looking for this car since I was a little guy (my dad gave me a copy of Duel when I was about 10, and I used to watch it OVER and OVER. Still one of my favorites). I'm in my 20s now, and I finally bought the car I always wanted and have been actively searching for.

She's a little rough, but its all there. The original dealer invoice, window sticker, receipt, owners manual, 1968 Allstate Insurance declaration, delivery tags, and service records were at the bottom of the glove box in the original Plymouth sleeve. 2 owner California car, with the original dealer frames: hasn't moved on its own since 2000.

Surface rust below the rear window, and on the drivers rear quarter panel. No holes, no rot. Floor boards and trunk are prime. Repainted after delivery from Ivy Green to what looks like robin egg blue.
Has all of the trim pieces, logos, wheel covers, lights, interior finishes: complete and straight.
Signet 2 Door, 225 with 3 on the column.

Its on the lift now --the entirety of the braking system is getting replaced, carb rebuild, new rubber everything, radiator, fluid flush, and a dozen other odds and ends that I haven't found yet.
The plan is to put it back to stock, including paint and interior.

EDIT: I just realized I missed the Welcome Wagon boat, BUT this is 2 birds with one stone. Thanks!

Nice ride! I have some 67-9 parts laying around if you need anything or if you need any valiant advice.

Congratulations, a deluxe Signet that you can shift yourself! Very nice!! Welcome to the site.

What color is the interior?

nice it even still has the grill emblem, don't loose it originals are hard to find. when you get a chance pull the rear seat and check for a build sheet ( it could be mismatched or even an imaginary car) there could be a very fragile one taped to your glove box liner also.

Who was the dealer that ordered it?

Fox Motor Company, Willows, CA. Looks like an old International Harvester and Plymouth dealer that went out of business. When I looked it up on Street View, its in farm country and the old showroom/garage is still there but abandoned

Nice ride! I have some 67-9 parts laying around if you need anything or if you need any valiant advice.

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

Nice Car and I know you will enjoy making it your own. I love my 69 post.

Nice find man.

Congratulations, a deluxe Signet that you can shift yourself! Very nice!! Welcome to the site.

What color is the interior?

Thanks guys! I love this car, I had a hard time leaving it at the shop on Saturday lol
Its Olive Green

nice it even still has the grill emblem, don't loose it originals are hard to find. when you get a chance pull the rear seat and check for a build sheet ( it could be mismatched or even an imaginary car) there could be a very fragile one taped to your glove box liner also.

I'll check when I get into it this week and I'll post a pic!

Mine was special ordered from Ray Vane Chrysler-Plymouth in 66. My plate frames are rough and I've been on the hunt for better ones.

Very clean valiant .Since I bought my 68 dart 2dr sedan I've fell in love with post cars !!!! Yours is a Find !!!! Clutch car is total bonus. Congrats !!

I sort of like the looks of the valiant myself, you don't see many 2 door valiants, here are a few pics of mine.

Attachments

• S2010302.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 544
  • S2010361.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 474
  • S2010360.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 482
  • S2010367.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 477
Good looking project, i have a '69 2 door post Valiant 100 that i'm getting to next, probably in the spring.

Great car, you beat me by 20 minutes on that one lol . I have a nice 69 post that is white but was diggin the patina look and it had pedals for an easy 340 swap. Good luck on resto and keep us informed on progress. Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 441
I happen to like valiants also! Good choice. Looks like a good starting spot no matter what direction you pick!

Love the Valiants, a lot lighter than my Dart. Just wasn't a lot of Plymouths sold around here back in the day.

Thanks guys! Finally got it running, but needs a new tank (in route from CA) before she'll stay running.
More pics coming, and interior work this weekend

I sort of like the looks of the valiant myself, you don't see many 2 door valiants, here are a few pics of mine.

Beautiful! Interior looks great

Great car, you beat me by 20 minutes on that one lol . I have a nice 69 post that is white but was diggin the patina look and it had pedals for an easy 340 swap. Good luck on resto and keep us informed on progress. Nwdart

Was that you? I tried negotiating before we got it on the trailer, and he told me he "just got off the phone with a serious cash buyer."
I just laughed and gave the guy his money... you would have had to pry this one from my cold dead hands :)

-
Back