-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparrjm

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1970 340 engine, perfect standard bore block that has been cleaned and magnafluxed (no cracks, picture was taken BEFORE cleaning and maging), X heads with no sunken valves, original intake and oil pan, windage tray, 4-speed forged steel crank, crank balancer, timing cover, RODS AND PISTONS. Needs assembled. Casting date-5-26-69, VIN OB201448 Cannot ship, $1000.

Attachments

• 340.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 577
You state the motor has X heads. Do you still have the adjustable rocker arms? The rocker arms I want have fingers that are offset, (4) to the left and (4) to the right for the intakes. The exhaust rockers have fingers that point straight ahead.

Please advise,

Tom Oliver

How can you tell the difference between X and J heads? I have a pair of heads I bought from Aero heads 5 or 6 years ago. They are no longer on my car but wonder what they are.

How can you tell the difference between X and J heads? I have a pair of heads I bought from Aero heads 5 or 6 years ago. They are no longer on my car but wonder what they are.

There should be an X or a J cast into the head near the exchaust face. If not you can tell what vintage they are by the casting number usually found on the port of the heads where the rocker covers go.

You state the motor has X heads. Do you still have the adjustable rocker arms? The rocker arms I want have fingers that are offset, (4) to the left and (4) to the right for the intakes. The exhaust rockers have fingers that point straight ahead.

Please advise,

Tom Oliver

I have rocker arms but they are non-ajustable.

Please advise,

Tom Oliver

The rockers you are looking for are for a set of TA heads. They were the only ones I know of that were offset from the fac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back