1970 340 SWINGER TRIM CODE QUESTIONS

-

raydurr

Reaction score
I have a 70 340 SWINGER in restoration. The exterior is B5 blue. The interior paint is suede paint,maybe B7 on the dash and steering column only. The headliner is dark blue perforated. The seat covers are two tone. The A pillars are dark blue. My question is the upper part of the upper door and the upper quarter panel, these are the ones directly below the glass leading to the vinyl door panels, appear to be a color darker than B5 yet lighter with a touch of metallic than B7. The car is totally untouched original. I need help identifying the color difference. I have take fade and sun exposure into consideration. I will also be needing advise on who can supply dash pads and armrest in the correct colors. I really prefer no to color them myself. Also who makes the highest quality seat covers and headliners?
1970 DODGE 340 SWINGER BROADCAST SHEET IMG_2571.jpg

DODGE 340 SWINGER UPPER DOOR PANEL IMG_2564.jpg

DODGE 340 swinger UPPER DOOR QTR PANEL IMG_2563.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build sheet. What's your question?

I didn't mean to post it yet. I will be done composing it in 5 more minutes ... sorry.

Thanks. I looked at this a few times. I guess I don't trust myself on every detail of the decoding.

The area on that sheet no one can decode so far.......

Each plant manager was allowed some liberties in how they did things.

The Windsor plant where this car was built used a strange system, it comes in to play here on line 7 of the sheet at left. The car will not have any HD fleet items as it seems to suggest, so be aware of that.

You may find additional sheets as well, up to five is possible.

My Windsor built Dart Swinger had one like this with the oddball line 7 codes & one that was 'normal'.

Thanks. I looked at this a few times. I guess I don't trust myself on every detail of the decoding.
It takes time and lots of research. It's fun getting there and more fun when you're done.

Nice build sheet. What's your question?[/Q
The area on that sheet no one can decode so far.......

Each plant manager was allowed some liberties in how they did things.

The Windsor plant where this car was built used a strange system, it comes in to play here on line 7 of the sheet at left. The car will not have any HD fleet items as it seems to suggest, so be aware of that.

You may find additional sheets well, up to five is possible.

My Windsor built Dart Swinger had one like this with the oddball line 7 codes & one that was 'normal'.
Its a pretty plain car as far as shiny stuff. It does have other big pluses...340 , A/T, A/C , and P/S and B5 Blue.

Its a pretty plain car as far as shiny stuff. It does have other big pluses...340 , A/T, A/C , and P/S and B5 Blue.
Nice stuff. Mine is about like yours but just a 318. Welcome to FABO.
001.jpg

Thanks, 255-60/15 on 15x7 with 4.25" backspace. 14x6 on the front.
By the pics your door panels are the same as mine and I believe are b7. There is a bunch of different shades of blue in those interiors that are supposed to be the same according to the build sheet. I have a restored original steering wheel that was painted the wrong color and I have it narrowed down to 3 different colors.

20150706_141910.jpg

The blues (& other colors) on the various parts did not match each other when new.

Different plastics & vinyls from different places & vendors, etc.

By the pics your door panels are the same as mine and I believe are b7. There is a bunch of different shades of blue in those interiors that are supposed to be the same according to the build sheet. I have a restored original steering wheel that was painted the wrong color and I have it narrowed down to 3 different colors.

View attachment 1715128459
Mike , is the exterior of your B5? Is B5 the only interior paint color of your car? If you have B7 too, where is it used?

Mine is a B5 repaint on the outside and original inside. I need to look at my build sheet to see what colors are B7. The upper doors are B5 but the dash is B7 if I remember correctly.

-
Back