1970 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction, they WERE shot at one time. The repaired sections are flat steel, cut+bent to fit. I'm guessing the PO had never heard of ART when he patched it up...20 YEARS AGO! Any rust under there is SURFACE only. If time was on my side, I would've wire-wheeled it all and painted it. Of course, then everyone would wonder what the fresh paint was hiding![-X Damned if I do,damned if I don't.

As for 5K to fix it right, glad I don't live in your neck of the woods. That's highway robbery!:eek:

BTW, I love the 63 you've got for sale! No hard feelings,OK?
I wasn`t bashing the car, that is why I said "no offence." Just giving my opinion. No more, no less. I know it is a rare car just because of the color. I like it. I have always loved the high impact colors and as far as the way it is set up, don`t worry about it. It is a in town ripper. Changing the center in the rearend is easy.Under the hood being black can be fixed easily if wanted. My 63 is the same way..... I might have my 63 traded for another General Lee.

We're cool, Lee! I had posted a WIW over on Moparts, and they beat up on it a bit. I was actually discussing the floor pan issue with the PO the other day. It was actually @'85 that he did the pans. He had located a guy in Texas that would've sold him a complete pan, drilled out at the spot welds. Once he started pricing shipping, he gave up. The lowest quote he got was @ $690 rail freight!!!

Oh, and just so there's no confusion, this isn't a factory Pink car,either.

Badawg: you make some valid points too. Turnkey cars are available around my area too, but here's a Kijiji search for 70-74 B-cuda's for sale in Ontario.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-plymouth-barracuda-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-W0QQAQ5fCarYearQ5fmaxZ1974QQAQ5fCarYearQ5fminZ1970QQCatIdZ122QQKeywordZplymouthQ20barracuda

Wylde1: I'm guessing you put as many miles on the Demon as I have the Cuda...very few!!! ;)

Thanks for looking everyone, I DO appreciate the feedback. And, I'm not firm on that price,either. The car needs to go, I need the money.
Jim

The fender tag is long gone, Cuda Hunter. :( From what I know, it was originally a 318/stick car,light blue (B3?) When the previous owner bought it in 79-80, it was already a car of many colours...I could dig through the PO's memory to find out how it was optioned,originally, if you're interested.

Well, I am looking for a pretty rare option that only came on BH code 1970 barracuda's. If there is no fender tag or build sheet, it would be hard to prove originality of the special part.
The part is a simulated air scoop that goes behind the door down on the rocker.
M46 code.
It the PO remembered that being something on the car I would be happy to learn more. Thanks

I remember a guy on Moparts had one with the M46 option, so I DO know what you're talking about! LOL! The earliest pic I've seen of my car was from the early '80, no scoops then, so I'm guessing it never had them. I'll call Bill tonight and talk Cuda with him.

Reduced to $15K! I've had some neat trade offers,unfortunately all were non-mopar and even trade or +plus $ to them. Any offers, reasonable or otherwise? I need this car gone, and cash in my pocket.

That's bad *** ride!

That motor is not subtle but it ain't bad for the street, very similar to my build and compression and I drive mine alot and on pump gas.

It may not be for the faint of heart but it's gonna make a statement wherever it goes.

It may not hurt to detail the engine and compartment with some paint and TLC for a selling feature.

I would at least get it up on a lift and get rid of some the rust and scale and at least treat the rusty spots.
Show the potential buyers the before pics so they know you're not concealing anything.

Maybe throw a tamer rear gear set in the diff, like a 3.55 or 3.23.

It looks like a fun toy to play with just needs a little more TLC to get someone to jump on it at that price.

I have seen much, much nicer cuda's going for that price with absolutely no visible rust and every square inch coered in nice paint, completely detailed factory looking engine compartments.

Too bad you have to sell it, but you may have to make a sacrifice price to get rid of it quick, good luck.

I agree with Dartnut. Nice car but big compression and big gears sometimes narrows the buyers pack . Nice car and I wish you luck.

I won't argue a single point you've made,Cudaspaz. In fact, if I had had plans to keep it for myself when I bought it 6 years ago, all that would have been done by now. The only reason I bought it in the first place was to help out my friend when he was going through a nasty divorce. He always had the buy-back option when he was able. 6 years later, the ex is still bleeding him dry, and he's given me his blessing to sell it. My biggest problem right now is that no one has any cash;everyone wants to trade, and I understand that, I'm broke too.

FWIW, my car is still the cheapest one in the province...on kijiji,anyway. Check out the local prices!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-Plymouth-Barracuda-W0QQAQ5fCarMakeZplymouthQQAQ5fCarModelZbarracudaQQAQ5fCarYearQ5fmaxZ1974QQAQ5fCarYearQ5fminZ1970QQCatIdZ122

At this point, I'd like a cash offer, reasonable or otherwise!

Anybody? Make an offer, I NEED this car gone NOW. How many running,driving, registered 70 Barracudas are out there in this price range? I'm pretty much at the desperate stage. :(

If you want to market it as a drag car try posting it on racingjunk.com. It's free to register and post. You might have better luck finding it on there. You might also consider putting it on moparts.org. Just tryin to help a mopar brother out!!

e interested in a roller for roller trade?

I truly wish I could, I'll take an A-body over an E anyday!:toothy10: Unfortunately, I gotta go for the cash, out of work.:angry7: If that weren't the case, I'd be all over your Cuda!

1bad340: I've considered racingjunk, maybe I should seriously look into it.I had it on Moparts last month, had 1 offer on it, and it wasn't that great. I wish to hell I had gotten around to listing it this past spring, probab;y would've sold quicker.Oh well, my own dang fault.

jg340....if you could do it, I would take it off the market 'till march/april of next year instead of dropping it to a fire sale price like what buddy did with his convert..read his comment. This time would also give you time to pop in a set of highway happy gears..and they are not expensive.

It is christmas in a bad economy and the 'I gotta have one of those" feelings in man (and women) is not there when it is cold and you are stressed out with your relies living in your house for the next week or so :) To continue (unless you HAVE to) is I suspect, rather painful. to you.

Just my 'ole canadian 2 cents ...did you know that at 10 pm last week it was 17C here.

Ian.

Ian, I agree, this is a crappy time of year to sell a car. Spring would've been a MUCH better time to sell. If time travel was possible, I'd have done alot of things different.Oh well.

PS: I DID hear the weather was quite nice out your way. My wife's ex father-in-law just moved to Fredericton last week. He left behind all the snow in London, and arrived to 14degree weather. Hope YOU aren't under any water. I've seen a lot of flooding going out the East Coast. Stay Safe and Merry Christmas!

I like the car, and I would buy it in a second if I had the cash. Unfortunately, I've been out of work for over two years now, so no disposable cash.

On the other hand, I have a couple of old Chevies up for sale (getting rid of everything but Mopar), and if I sell one of them, and you still have the car, I will definitely be interested.

Been a year and a half here,jeryst. Since Sept '09 I've a watched a stream of Mopars leave my possession.77 W200 to scrap yard,80 Aspen RT sold, 67 Dart GT sold, 97 Neon sold(does it count?;) ). Once the Cuda's gone, my little 67 Dart 4dr will be next.

I havent had time to read all the posts but I will give you kudos for offering the buyback to the PO.

I sold a Demon on that condition once and the SOB sold it a year later without so much as a call to me! I even cut him a great deal on it with that ONE condition.

I made the buyback part of the deal when I bought the car from him. That's the main reason I've held onto it this long. I wanted to give him as much of a chance as possible to get it back. He's given his blessing on the sale and he knows he can't get the scratch to make it his again. Whole situation sucks. :(

We were very lucky..just a bunch of shingles. Lots of trees down where I live but not much water..I have seen a couple of houses that lots bunches..my friends has a repair bill of 25K plus...thant goodness for insurance.

Thisone bothered me..we were being hit by gusts of120 Kms plus..we slept downstairs. The good thing was it was warm..we have a generator so all was good on that side.

Merry Christmas..and good luck.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back