1970 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts, opinions,criticism??? The previous owner had first buy-back rights, but he's as broke as I am, and has given me his blessing to sell. This is a fun to drive headturner, I just can't afford to keep it.

JMHO, it's really hard to sell a car that has those steep gears and that high of compression.
I bet it goes like stink and is a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but i think the asking price is quite a bit too high for what it is.
Most people are looking for a more street friendly car for that price.
It is a VERY nice car in my opinion, and it's my favorite year of Barracuda, just a bit too much for a cruiser which is what most people want.
I know you aren't representing it as a cruiser at all.
It's a niche vehicle that someone would love to have, your better bet is taking a trade and cash or a straight across trade you can use or sell.
The colour doesn't help things either.
Don't take it the wrong way, but you asked.
Tom.

It's very hard to sell a car in this economy. Good luck. It looks like a good one.

thats been for sale a long long time

I just put it on Kijiji 2 weeks ago, that's a long, long time?:dontknow:

Dartnut, you've brought up some very valid points. In fact, many of them are the exact reasons I haven't driven it in the past 5 years. I wish I had the cash to detune it and make it more street friendly, but between my wife fighting(and beating!) breast cancer, getting married, having a baby, and losing my job, I really can't see that happening anytime soon.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback,everyone.:notworth:

One thing that I have seen turn off many mopar buyers is the black(chevy) engine bay. Other wise its a beautiful car and the price seems fair for an ebody.

Wow. Glad to hear your wifes great news on beating it. Thats definately more important than an old car. Maybe you could put some ribbons on it, and have a neat Cuda for breast cancer awareness? We have a paving company in Burlington who have painted their new trucks pink, with the ribbons. Good luck on the job hunt.

..............U should spend time under the hood detailing everything, when ppl spend that kind of coin they want it 2 look good under the hood also........can u supply some under car shots and more interior shots.....thanks.........kim.........

I hear ya on the chevy engine bay! I'm innocent, I didn't do it!:angel9: I also agree it would help to do some detailing under there, I just don't have any time for it.(see mention of baby above)

As for the underside, I do have some, but they were taken lyin' on the floor. It doesn't look pretty under there either, but it's SOLID!:thumbrig:

Thanks for the support on the cancer issue; she's been cancer-free for almost 5 years now!!:love7: We also have a pink cement truck in town that the company donates a certain amount for every call it's requested on.

Adam: I remember seeing pics of your old 70, it's a great looking car! What ever became of it?

Attachments

• 10-5-10 004 (Medium).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,275
  • 10-5-10 005 (Medium).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,268
  • 10-5-10 008 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,250
  • 10-5-10 010 (Medium).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,270
  • 10-5-10 011 (Medium).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2,288
  • 10-5-10 019 (Medium).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 2,262
I sold it on Oct 22 2003. It went to Georgia, were they put 17" rims on it, painted it gray, replaced the 391 gears with 410s and made a few other odd changes. It was then sent to Florida and finally shipped to Aruba. I sold it for $9000. It took me 2 months to get that much for it. How the market has changed in the last 7 years.

i've seen that car on kijiji, personally i think the biggest thing holding that car back is the driveability issues. just gotta find the right person though

I sold it on Oct 22 2003. It went to Georgia, were they put 17" rims on it, painted it gray, replaced the 391 gears with 410s and made a few other odd changes. It was then sent to Florida and finally shipped to Aruba. I sold it for $9000. It took me 2 months to get that much for it. How the market has changed in the last 7 years.

Sounds like that day is ingrained in your memory.:goodman: It seems like you sold before e body prices went completely ridiculous, and I'm selling as they're on their way back to earth.:-k

74Scamp360: You're right. The car is more strip friendly,than street. Guess you'd call it a Saturday night Special! LOL! At least, from the stories I've heard, that was the car's role when my friend owned it!:-$

Yeah, it was the day my son was born, Happy to have him, sad to see the car go.

I'm willing to bet it's the pink that's hurting your sale.

It's nice to look at, but like me, some guys just won't touch it (on a car lol)

Any thoughts, opinions,criticism??? The previous owner had first buy-back rights, but he's as broke as I am, and has given me his blessing to sell. This is a fun to drive headturner, I just can't afford to keep it.

I hear ya Darren, pink is either a love it, or hate it on a mopar. I'm not ashamed to drive it! ;) Now, on the other hand, there used to be a mid 90's Grand Prix in town painted Mark Kay Pink...I wouldn't be caught DEAD in that thing!!! :0

No offense but the pans in that car are shot. There is a 5k fix to have it done correct. Gotta wonder why they didn`t do that right when they did the car?

No offense but the pans in that car are shot. There is a 5k fix to have it done correct. Gotta wonder why they didn`t do that right when they did the car?

Correction, they WERE shot at one time. The repaired sections are flat steel, cut+bent to fit. I'm guessing the PO had never heard of ART when he patched it up...20 YEARS AGO! Any rust under there is SURFACE only. If time was on my side, I would've wire-wheeled it all and painted it. Of course, then everyone would wonder what the fresh paint was hiding![-X Damned if I do,damned if I don't.

As for 5K to fix it right, glad I don't live in your neck of the woods. That's highway robbery!:eek:

BTW, I love the 63 you've got for sale! No hard feelings,OK?

Holy Crap! A Pink '70 Barracuda for sale that's almost as high strung as my Demon is. (My Demon is supposed to have 12:1 comp and I do have 5.38's in it). Quick! Someone boot me in the nads and tell me I'm not dreaming. If I was working a day job, I'd scoop that puppy right up! But I gotta hang onto the cash for a little while longer. Timing is a bee-yotch.

Anybody want my Demon so I can nab this B-Cooda?

Wylde1.

Holy Crap! A Pink '70 Barracuda for sale that's almost as high strung as my Demon is. (My Demon is supposed to have 12:1 comp and I do have 5.38's in it). Quick! Someone boot me in the nads and tell me I'm not dreaming. If I was working a day job, I'd scoop that puppy right up! But I gotta hang onto the cash for a little while longer. Timing is a bee-yotch.

Anybody want my Demon so I can nab this B-Cooda?

Wylde1.

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS Back8)

IMHO I think you can blame the economy above anything else. The sad truth is that right now there are plenty of $17k cars that you can pick up and they are turn key, no work needed. I know your Cuda has WAY MORE value but the bottom line is that you are selling to a much smaller and much more selective market than even just 2yrs ago. Best of luck with the sale!!!

pics of the demon..I have a friend that is think about buying..however, I take no responsibility re his buying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back