1970 CHALLENGER 6 PACK NHRA E/SA

-

Jeremy

Reaction score
1970 CHALLENGER STOCK CLASS 340 STOCKER. ONE RACE EVER. FIRST PASS 10.90.
20170703_124448_1539813293153.jpeg
20180814_092814.jpg
20170317_094518.jpg

I'm not talkin a tap, I'd swing that ***** like I was sinkin a 16 penny....

Kick A$$ FOR SURE , BUT WHAT INDEX DOES IT RUN ON ???

Stock has changed quite a bit, I see stuff that u couldn`t do back in he day .
When you think about stock in the 60s or 70s and now. Stock today is more like super stock back then. jmho

Stock is something like Super Stock used to be except for smaller tires and stock lift cam.

Fast first pass, but not sure if that was real smart on a "first" pass. Would be a shame to wad that beauty up.

Fast first pass, but not sure if that was real smart on a "first" pass. Would be a shame to wad that beauty up.
Not on the first ever pass and he's stock automatic if you look at the third picture that is a super stock class car.
So I would have assumed that the car had already been debugged and was being reclassed.

Yes,I have 2 cars, the Duster and the Challenger that have posts near each other.
I raced the Duster for many years then finally got my dream car the Challenger, when I finally finished the Challenger I got cancer and did not get to race it.
I am a little better now ,hope to race some time in the future.
The Challenger is a 6 pack car (still don't have the carburetor perfect yet.

Yes,I have 2 cars, the Duster and the Challenger that have posts near each other.
I raced the Duster for many years then finally got my dream car the Challenger, when I finally finished the Challenger I got cancer and did not get to race it.
I am a little better now ,hope to race some time in the future.
The Challenger is a 6 pack car (still don't have the carburetor perfect yet.
Prayers to you with your battle with cancer, God Bless.
How much more does the E/SA Challenger weigh over the Duster ? Three carbs better than one, but headache to tune and make work, T/A motor a little different than the 340 Duster, cam, heads, compression?

Thanks I'm doing alittle better but I've been thru Hell.
The Duster and the Challenger engines are the same except for the intake.
Both cars are very close to the same weight I have about 100 pounds in the rear of both.
The 6 pack has a better NHRA horsepower factor and will be much faster when I get it figered out.
The thermoquad is hard to beat.
The Duster with the driver in it weighs under 3200 pounds. The Challenger weighs just over 3200.

I thought the Challenger was heavier than the Cuda's, 3200# is what my AAR weighed at the track with me in it when I was much younger and skinnier. LOL

-
Back