-
Status
Not open for further replies.

travis3111

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Just purchased the car from another Abody member. Shipped from Indiana to New Orleans. However, unexpected events now force sell. Recieved the car last week and drove it everyday until yesterday. It has balls and I really hate to sell it. Looked for a long time, found what I wanted, bought it and now I have to sell it.

Details - Pretty much what is stated in moparcrazys add.

VIN LH23C1R147020 - Decoder states 1971, Titled as 1970 for some reason.
-Newly Rebuilt 340, Steel balanced crank, Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, Holly 650 carb, Headman headers, electronic ignition, Ported and polished J-Heads, 10-1 Compression, Solid Cam, Custom 2 ½ Exhaust with Flowmasters.
-Rebuilt 4 Speed transmission with Pistol grip, A-Body 8 3/4 rear with 355 Sure grip center section, Power steering and manual brakes
-The car was restored in 2007 by Randysmoparsandmusclecars.com. Sublime green paint was applied on a strait and solid body, clean rust free undercarriage, excellent vinyl roof, rechromed bumpers and nice trim, 14 Inch painted date coded wheels with dog dish hub caps and matching tires.
-Clean black interior with console. The lights, wipers , heater, gauges including speedometer, and radio work as they should.

If you missed it last time around now is your chance to purchase it.

Serious inquiries only please.
Travis
251-391-0767

Attachments

• DSCN3049.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,727
  • DSCN3050.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 3,463
  • DSCN3051.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,872
  • DSCN3052.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 2,780
  • DSCN3053.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,794
  • DSCN3054.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,709
Lots are interested, just lots are broke!

Exactly this…….. I couldn't sell my real 62,000 mile, matching number, 340-S, 4-speed when I had it up for $15,000.

It doesn't matter how nice the car is or how low the price is when the economy is in the toilet and people are unwilling to spend any disposable income they may have.

VIN LH23C1R147020 - Decoder states 1971, Titled as 1970 for some reason.

something sounds funny here. isn't the 1 after the C what tells ya the year? i'm pretty sure it does which is why it comes up as a 71. because that vin is a 71 vin.

something sounds funny here. isn't the 1 after the C what tells ya the year? i'm pretty sure it does which is why it comes up as a 71. because that vin is a 71 vin.

Sometimes…….. Back in the day, if you bought an early production car (for example, buying a 71 in September of 1970), clerical errors were made. Remember things were done by hand back then.

Not saying this is what is going on here, just saying that it is a possibility.

VIN LH23C1R147020 would clearly be on the title (showing a 71), if the title shows 1970 it is clearly an error. The title has probably been wrong for the life of the car.

back in the late 90's , a friend and I went to look at a " '1973' Duster , 318 auto , etc. " over in Silver Lake ( L.A. , Ca. ) .
The only reason we went to look at it is because it was advertised as a 1973 ; at that time , good ol' Cali required that 1974 and newer cars be smog checked .

So , we're getting near this guy's house , and I spot the car in question : 1974-issue Ca plates , 1974-style rear bumper guards , yucky Uni-Belt seat belt setup , etc. , etc.
I hoped that this was an unrelated car , but no such luck ...

Apparently , this 1974 Duster somehow got registered as a 1973 (!!) . When and how that happened is / was a mystery ... it's v.i.n. was VL29G4G , whereas the registration read VL29G3G .

Well , the car was cheap enough , so my friend bought it anyhow . He figured that since there was a clerical error at the DMV , he could sneak it through again as a '73 ...

... no such luck !

I think the crooks at the DMV actually looked at the car , and saw its '74 v.i.n. , or recognised its 1974-issue plate .
Either way , my friend got hosed on having to smog the car ( passed at the pipe ; failed the visual ... what a surprise , huh ? Cali strikes again ! ) .

He ended up parting it out after he found a '73 Dart Sport that was in decent condition , and more importantly , smog check exempt !

Thanks for the reply's. Car is what it is. I already know the VIN reads 1971. Title states 1970.

Make offers if interested. Can go a bit lower than 14k but not much.

Open to trades to but would like to walk away with 6K.

Does the rest of the numbers on the title match the VIN on the car? and the fender tag?

No build sheet.
Vin matches Title. Just state 1970 on the title. Just registering the car now so I will have that changed.

Called the LA DMV today with the VIN # because I'm interested in this car. No record of VIN # yet because it's not registered in LA. LA DMV said the new owner "Travis" can do a trace back to see where something went wrong when he goes to register the car. Probably a clarical error. LA DMV said the VIN Year should match the Title.

To answer your question NO i did not know the title did not match the VIN. Mistake on my end. Waiting on the Bill of Sale to finalize titling the car in LA. Already have a temp tag but will complete everything else once the bos is in my hands.

No i did not know that the title did not match the VIN. Error on my end otherwise i would have requested it to be fixed before i purchases. Anyway, its probably just a clerical error. Vin on car matches VIN on title. That's it. Previous guy who bought it probably just did not check it.

Hi Travis,
I'll give you that $13K delivered to Oregon! Love your car, and wish you lived closer to Oregon. I'd like to have it though. What could we work out?
Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back