1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 440 Installation

-

d1rocker

Midnight Rocker
Reaction score
I've been lurking for awhile and now have a plan in my head. PM'd HemiDenny and committing to my build. Wish me luck! Thinking of adding a bit of modern society and starting a GoFundMe page (NOT!) because this is going to hurt!

Thanks to both of you! Very doable. Have had the car for over a decade just waiting to gather enough pieces to get started. And $$$.I have made all major design decisions and selected most of the suppliers to get me the parts needed to get it on the road as a start. I'm a mechanic from birth / trade and plan to do most the work myself.

Every car has potential, as long as you can see it in your heart. Cant wait to see progress pictures...

Yes it's really going to hurt - the HDK is the way to go for a big block piece of advise on that study hard on the stance you want before buying spindles - shocks - etc

Good Luck, cant wait to see it when done.

Here's my car stance using HDK - standard spindles - Hotchkis leaf springs - front still needs tweaked and aligned

Attachments

• DSCF0596.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 276
Thank you all for the encouragement. Now if it would just stop raining in Texas! It's Currently up on blocks waiting for it to get dry. It was getting flooded because it sank into the mud this spring and I moved to higher ground and added the blocks since the tires are history. Have my down payment to Denny sitting here on the desk and am almost 99% sure I'm going with the LA Slammer and 2" Drop spindles. Want to be able to get it on the ground if I want to. It has rusted more since I got it so I need to pull the interior and check the floors. The trunk is so so and I don't think it's totally rusted through anywhere but it will be thin in some spots. I have access to a welder out here so it can be patched. The exterior itself is pretty good as far as deep rust goes so I'm thankful for that. If the trunk is too bad off it won't matter since I'm more than likely going full tub.

20160416_153954-On Blocks.jpg

Looks like you're starting with a decent looking specimen. Good luck! The effort will be worth it.

Had a productive weekend. Inside is pretty stripped out and we started getting the slant 6 ready to pull out of the car. Will post pics later.

Been busy and getting out to the car as often as possible. Have only the dash and wiring left on the inside. HDK Super Slammer ships out this week. I have also acquired a rebuildable 440 and 727 Transmission and have that teardown starting as well. I have posted some pics to my garage and will add more as the progress continues.
1970 Dart Swinger 440 Swap Restomod - During Pics
teardown61-jpg.1714955173

Last edited:
Power Rack and Pinon and SS Steering universal arrived so far. Spindles and 11" drilled / slotted rotors with bearings etc also ordered and on it's way. Researching transmission kit for the 727. Should have the teardown with the slant 6 out and old k out in the next couple of weeks as long as the weather holds.

-
Back