1970 Duster 340 Retrosound???

-

Boogs0624

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive been looking around for a retrosound that would fit my 1970 Duster 340.
Im just a bit unsure of which version of retrosound to buy, here are some pictures of the current radio in now.

Any suggestions?

Hey man retro sound has radios that fit in place of your current radio. Look on their website they have universal radios that will work. I have a model 1 radio in my 71 demon and had to do some minor fitting and had to notch a little spot in my factory bezel for it to work with the factory bezel. They have pics and dimensions on their website of the different units. But i gotta be honest, if i was gonna do it again i would of just left my factory motorola unit in the dash and mounted a alpine standard head unit in the glove box. Ive had my model 1 radio in for warranty work 3 times in the last year and a half and everything was wired properly, granted they stay behind their warranty. Just a pain to take out everytime. But other than that they work well. Also theres a member on here that sells a mounting plate that mounts in place of the single 4x10 and lets you be able to run to 4" round speakers up front. Makes it easier to wire plus you can adjust your balance and fade. Ill try to see if i can find his username on the receipt i got from him

I haven't put any retro type radio in yet that didn't sound like crap. Besides aftermarket, I've had several mopar radios converted which sounded good.

I haven't put any retro type radio in yet that didn't sound like crap. Besides aftermarket, I've had several mopar radios converted which sounded good.

Yeah but a lot of it has to do with quality of the speakers. While im not impressed with retrosounds radios and their prices/ reliability issues. It works great in my demon sounds good too got two 4" kickers up front and two 6x9" kickers in the back

Hide a new aftermarket radio with a Ipod jack under your front seat.Then buy yourself a Ipod .

-
Back