1970 duster super stock springs

-

Jrdmopar

Reaction score
Need new leaf springs in 1970 Duster. Do Super Stock springs change ride height? Do the adversely affect ride quality?
Any help would be appreciated.

Super stock springs are designed for drag racing. They have more arch so your car will sit higher. The ride is harsher. Not designed to handle. Reproductions might be your best bet.

What are you going to do with the car? Street only? Even race every now and then the SS springs may be too much. I like them on the street, but not many people do. They are a drag race spring, as stated.

I love them, especially if your looking to hotrod your car. The fact that you ask about ride quality.....well you might just look into a replacement type spring.

A 70' from many moons ago.....

Attachments

• 221.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 239
And....the Mopar super stock springs are rated/ arched differently side to side (to compensate for driveline torque)....which will make your street car sit slightly uneven.

Go to ESPO.com for springs. You can order them with a 1/2 or 1 inch overbend for increased rear ride height without the additional harshness of a S/S spring or I'll handling problems.

And....the Mopar super stock springs are rated/ arched differently side to side (to compensate for driveline torque)....which will make your street car sit slightly uneven.

Thanks all for your information. Went with the SS springs. Car stance is perfect. Rides great!

I run two passenger side SS springs on my '68 Barracuda. I did add a pair of 1 inch aluminum lowering blocks. The car rides excellent, handles amazingly and launches predictably. They have been behind my progression of motors starting with a Slant 6, 5.9 Magnum and now behind my 408 stroker motor.

Here's a picture of the stance with one of my buddies.

Attachments

• Roger.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 154
JRDMOPAR do you have the part numbers of the SS Springs that you ordered. Some of the websites are confusing and dont give specific descriptions of the parts. I also have a 70 Duster

-
Back